1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Versalite Wad & Win Sup Handicap Load

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Portagee Shooter, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portagee Shooter

Portagee Shooter Member

I'd like to hear what others may be loading for Remington hulls,(STS & Gun Clubs) using the DR Versalite & Win Sup Handicap powder & Fiocchi primer, or your primer of choice. I'm using 20.6g, w/ 1-1/8oz but am getting minor dished final crimps. I realize the density of the powder w/ the powder cup of this wad may the issue. I'm trying to stay w/ these components & would appreciate others recipes or suggestions for a better final crimp. The wad is seated with just enough pressure & the final stage is set to where there is not any rattling of the shot upon completion with a MEC 9000. The Fig 8 does produce a nice shell, but on paper, the Versalite produces a tighter pattern for my set up, a Beretta 687 w/ Briley full .035.

Any suggestions are appreciated,
    Thanks in advance, Lyle

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I agree with the DR Versalite giving great patterns. It's my wad of choice for H-cap and long shots. However, Win Super H-cap powder doesn't take up much space in the hull, and good crimps are a bit tough to get using Rem hulls. The Win A-A is a tad smaller inside and will give better crimps with S-H-cap powder and Versalites. Try reducing the star crimp, and back off the cam a bit on the final crimp die (not the last taper die). This should keep from "dishing" too much.

AndyH ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.