1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

versalite 12g wad?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FLIP, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLIP

FLIP Member

i have a bag or two and have found little reload recipes 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 what are some loads you are using?

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Flip.... I use the Versalite for long yardage hdcp. and for call shots in meat shoots. Downrange Mfg. is still making these wads. I, personally, like 22.5gr Green Dot in a Federal Paper hull, Federal 209a primer, Versalite wad, and 500gr #7 shot for my call shots, and use 22gr Green Dot and 492gr of #71/2 for hdcps. The great thing the Versalites has going for them is you can use them in both straight walled and tapered walled hulls. Excellent wad. They are not, however, a good choice for singles or doubles. They tend to hold a tighter pattern than others... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Ditto on what Trap2 said.

Rem., AA or Fed. hulls with GD and Fed primer - it will reach way on out there. I don't like them @ 30-35 yds. It's a long-range wad IMHO. Believe you will like the performance - good luck with it.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

They have a very deep powder cup and seal slow burning powders in straight wall hulls well. At least that's the rumor. I wouldn't actually know. Really.

5. FLIP

FLIP Member

shot some tonight with 23 gr of universal clays in a rem hull not to bad, any other loads out there ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.