1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

VERONA SHOTGUNS-- HELP !!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by samples, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samples

samples Member

Does anybody have or know of the Verona Over/under Shotguns? How Reliable? Where are they Made and by whom? Who Guarantees them? Any Information is appreciated. Thanks--

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Depends.

The lx980 series are made by Antonio Zoli and Cole's in Maine does their warranty work.

Can't recall, but I think all the other O/U's were made by F.A.I.R. (Isadoro Rizzini.)

3. primer

primer TS Member

Nice guns, hard to sell.

4. claydust0069

claydust0069 Member

I have 3 Veronas...2 field models and 1 trap model. The first one I bought was a 12 gauge field model. I had it work done on it to use it as a sporting clays gun. I have shot trap, skeet and sporting with it. I have put an average of 5000 rounds per year through it for several years (bought it in 2003). Later in the trap season last year I purchased the trap model and have put several hundred rounds through it.
    I have never had any problems with these guns. They have functioned quite well. The one I used for sporting has also been used for hunting in weather where I had to scrape ice from the barrels. If one is available...buy it. I know many folks who shoot them and to my knowledge none of them have had any problems with the F.A.I.R. guns (the cheaper semi-autos from Sarsilmaz in Turkey are a different story).

5. howie

howie Member

As was pointed out, Verona was a name used to hide a variety of makers, Turkish and two Italian. The FAIR version of Verona are great guns and are now imported under two labels -- Savage Milano and Kasipel Cortona. As expected the Savage version is less fancy while the Kasipel version has more engraving, better wood etc.

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

BTW, the lx980 is similar to the Zoli Kronos which is sold in Europe, and was the predecessor to the new Zoli Z-Gun which sells for around $5000.

Nice guns.

7. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

I have the LX505SC and it has been shot a bunch for sporting and Dove hunting. I'm talking 12 to 15k rounds without a failure. I have been shooting a 525 for last few months and loaned it to a friend having some work done on a Beretta O/U and he's tried to buy it several times, I'll have a hard time getting it back. It one of the F.A.I.R guns and they are well made and reliable, at least in the 5 series, as I understand there are different makers for other series. Anytime the wife, kids, friends need a gun to shoot I let them shoot it, and everyone that picks it up seems to be able to hit with it.
    Hell I am about to talk myself into another one. There is one for sale on another forum. JD

8. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Do any of you guys know anyone who has a Verona for sale. I am very interested in buying, especially the LX980.

Thanks
    i_shoot

9. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I have a LX702 in my shop on consignment for sale. 2 flush skeet tubes and 9 extended Spectrum tubes. I know nothing about them. Owner wants 1395.00

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Try gunbroker.com

I will see them occasionally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

verona lx502 field shotgun 20 gauge

verona lx702

verona over under shotgun models

verona shotgun models

verona shotgun trap