1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Verona LX680 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kevin Fleming, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

I have one I shot for about a year before the locking block showed signs of needing work (lever left of center). I put it up and haven't shot it since. I do not chose to repair it because parts are avaialble only from Slaughter and are pretty expensive. I had broken 2 firing pins in less than a year ($20 each) and suspect that the quality of steel and or heat treating is not up to par.

My opinion is that it is a pretty decent looking Beretta knock-off that is adequate only for light use. It is not a bargain as a shooter due to lack of durability and parts cost.

K - my 2 cents

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have a LX680 that is the sporting version, not the trap version. Mine has 30" O/U barrels. It shot low for me with the sloping stock, so I put on a scope-eze pad on the comb to bring it up and parallel. There was not enough wood above the bolt hole for a cut comb. Now it is a nice shooting gun. I use it for 5 Stand and plan to shoot it for our winter trap league (in the rain). I bought it used for $400, so I don't have a lot invested in it. I own two other Verona 501s, 410 and 28 gauge. I have replaced one firing pin, but no other problems. This gun isn't up to the quality of my B guns, but it a nice medium quality Italian gun, better than a Fausti that I had. The more guns I own, the more I am convinced that there is no free lunch when it come to quality. Most of the time you get what you pay for. I have now traded off all my Turkish and Russian guns, but haven't been tempted by the P&K guns. Mark

3. coloradoEMT911

coloradoEMT911 Member

I have an LX 680 gold trap with 32 in barrels and RAD II and padded comb i have shot appox 5000 to 8000 rounds a year out of it for almost 9 years and it has never failed me it is a great gun i am looking to upgrade to a Perazzi just for the reason is i want a high rib gun that si not an after market rib but love this gun i shoot it and a bt99 with great sucess

RJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
verona 680 lx gold problems
verona lx 501 410

verona lx 680

verona lx680 gold