1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Verona any good?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2006
    My son had a Verona semi-automatic. He used it for one year, had lots of problems with it and sold it at a rummage sale for 1/2 of what he paid for it. The reason he sold it at a rummage sale is that no gun shop would accept it on a trade. Ed
  2. seaofgreen

seaofgreen Member

Oct 26, 2006
    I have the Verona 680 combo and I have enjoyed so far as my first trap gun. This is my first year shooting ATA events. After getting the gun fitted to me I've been shooting 24's and 25's. I even won my state handicap this year with a 99.

For the price and the options it comes with. 5 factory chokes and 5 briley spectrum chokes, Adjustable comb, trigger length, I find it a hard price to match. As for the quality over time, I guess only time will tell.

I'm headed to the Grand for the first time and I'll see how it matches up with all those high priced guns.. :) However, in time, if I'm able to keep shooting I'd like to move up to a higher end(?) gun.

Chad Gerloff
  3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998

4. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I have 2. One is an autoloader made by Bernadelli. So far a great shooting gun,well made,easy to clean. The other is the LX980 made by Zoli & it is a great gun! It looks almost identical to a Perazzi MX8.

It has the 4-way adjustable comb,removable trigger group,very well made & some of the prettiest wood I have seen. In fact the wood is what I would consider an upgrade on most guns you would buy. CDNN in Texas bought the entire stock from BC Outdoors in Colorado when they went out of business & were selling the LX980 for $1700! The current price on its twin, the Zoli Z Sport is $5300. Probably the best deal I will ever get on a gun!

I absolutely love this gun. It fits & feels perfect to me & I have shoot the best Sporting scores of my life the past few months with it. The 500,600,700 series were made by more than one Rizzini maunfacturer. They are a good gun as well. Go to shotgunworld.com & visit the Verona forum. You can find all the info you need on them there.

Personally, I don't think you will go wrong with a Verona

5. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

May 20, 2007
    A friend picked up a new Verona field O/U for $600. Choke tubes. I don't know how long it'll last, but it looks to be very well made, nice fit and finish, nice wood. Comparable in apppearance to a Citori.
  6. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

Feb 16, 2006
    I have an LX 505 SC and have been very pleased with it. JD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.