1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

VERNAL SHOOT-- DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Phil Kiner, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

A slightly different report on a great shoot

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

very nice blog

3. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

it's fun to read about success stories and why they happen. Many thanks to all of those responsible.

Rick in Mt.

4. quicky

quicky Member

You would have to have been there to see how hard all the Vernal club members work at making this shoot such a fun event. Stacie has to run on pure adrenalin for these several days, and Sean seems to be everywhere.

On the subject of scores, Vernal is not an easy club to shoot. A slight breeze can really move the targets on the three starting traps, and the breezes were anything but slight. In spite of the weather challenges, there were some terrific scores posted. It makes sense because there were some terrific shooters there. Counting juniors, veteran and senior vet categories there were probably 20 or more all-Americans in attendance, and several others fully as capable who don't have or take the opportunity to shoot all the required shoots. It really amazes me how some shooters have been able to be so consistent with their scores in any weather condition.

While shooting from traps 1-3, it is very distracting to see a dark cloudy sky in front of you and have the sun peek out from behind a cloud behind you and light up the sandstone slickrock on the horizon. The scenery is very striking and is very difficult to look past. The Uintahs are a beautiful range of mountains.

All the folks in Vernal are to be commended and to name one is to leave a bunch of others unnamed. They really put together a phenomenol effort to make this shoot what it has become. Quicky

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Very good job Phil!! I like your way of writing your thoughts a lot guy!! Hap

6. Vernal Rod & Gun

Vernal Rod & Gun Active Member

Thank you Phil for a wonderful blog and positive perspective...we sure enjoyed it!

7. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

It is wonderful to see some excitement in the game of trap shooting in these times. Thanks so much to all involved The Martins, Craig hart and all the staff Sean included. Thank you Phil for such a great blog. And I wasn't even able to shoot last weekend! Phil From Colorado

8. Phil Kiner

Sean -- would you let some of the locals know to check the blog.

Also I owe a big thanks to Trap and Field for making this blog available to me

9. Squeal

Squeal Member

The shoot was run great. The entertainment and dinners where outstanding. What I enjoyed most was watching Kiner, Stafford, Big Leo shoot. I picked up on a couple of things.

10. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Squeal,

You didn't watch Stu Welton! He won the HOA and HAA at this shoot plus the Championship HC in a shootoff. Wow! Great shooting Stu!

Chris Morris

11. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Hey, Chris, you forgot the singles championship - he won that too.

12. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

Now that is how a shoot is run top notch I only wish I could have been their what was the shooting attendence g3

13. bas

bas Member

While I have never had the good fortune to shoot at Vernal, I have never heard anything but the highest praise regarding all aspects of their shoots. Thanks for the well deserved blog, Phil.

14. Lyle

Lyle Member

I drove Stu to and from the shoot. Our gas mileage suffered greatly on the way home from all the gold coins he won.
    :)

Some great shooting to see and many of the best in the game were there, Stu being just one of them. An incredible week he had. Not everyone can say they beat Leo in a shootoff, heck, I can't even beat him at dice!

Lyle

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

It must be something in the water because them Utah boys used to light up the place back when the Old Phoenix club was still open ... They sure know how to party and ah and yeah shoot too ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. Phil Kiner

Those that have been there do you agree with the "perky" for Gayle (from Betty's Cafe)

17. Lyle

Lyle Member

Phil,
    I'm not sure about "perky" but if she served pancakes they will certainly be "STACKED".....:)

Lyle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.