1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vernal Rod & Gun June Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Vernal Rod & Gun, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vernal Rod & Gun

Vernal Rod & Gun Active Member

Wow...what a rush! This past weekend was by far the most amazing trapshoot we've ever been a part of. With 320 plus shooters on a 13 trap layout it was pretty hectic. However, the membership really pulled together to iron out the kinks. Trap kids worked long hours and did a great job. The amazing thing with this shoot is the amount of sponsorship that is involved. Members pound the pavement for months before the shoot to get the businesses in the area to contribute and as in the past the community stepped up to the plate. This years' headliner was Ronnie Milsap and let me just say he was great. On Friday, shooters and a guest were treated to a first class show and a free Steak dinner. Drinks were also complimentary. Saturday evening it was ribs and 600 lbs. of shrimp brought and cooked by Jim Pearson(thanks buddy)and topped off by the special event and karaoke. Looked to me like everyone had a great time. As for the shooting... Ricky Marshall broke 198 inthe dbls to win champion as well as 200 in singles for the same result after a shoot off. Sundays Handicap championship was won by Tim Robb with 100 straight plus a shoot off. Not only was the money nice, but the trophies were finely crafted Remington bronzes with marble bases. Scores were high in all the events and the weather was perfect. The only down side was that due to our size we couldn't accomadate more shooters. Looks like our max was reached this weekend. Thanks to everyone who helped out on this event and for the shooters' patience and support. We are looking forward to our next shoot in September! Thanks again, Sean and Stacy Hawley

2. BBowen

BBowen Member

sean and stacy

chris and i want to thank you as well for the great time we had in vernal. you took on a great opportunity and only made it better. i have never been at a shoot where the excitement was so great. we had to leave a 3 p.m. to get home by midnight and as we were traveling across colorado and wyoming and south dakota my cell phone was full of text messages about the results. you are right: what a rush!!

good job and good luck at vernal.

bruce bowen

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Zardo,

Got to agree with you about Tim but we have a lot of nice guys and ladies here in Arizona, Hell you know that ... WPT ...(YAC) ...

4. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I heard the Calcutta was one of the largest. Any information about that? I was told one shooter was bought for 21,000 dollars. Thanks Richard

5. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

I agree, WHAT A RUSH !!! I have been cashiering Trap Shoots for quite sometime and I have never seen anything like this before. Debbie, Jan and I worked our butts off from Wed. night through Sunday night. Busy as hell at times and then a lull and then full bore again. Jan and I got home to North Salt Lake at 3:00 am as we both have real jobs that we needed to be at on Monday. I did get to shoot and for me I did pretty good but with the talent at this shoot it was miss and out but that is the name of the game. I met alot of new people and got to see some folks that I haven't seen since last June in Vernal. All in all it was the BEST trapshoot I have ever attended and I hope like hell the Vernal guys will ask me back next year.

George Cook

Shooting Sports Software

6. bas

bas Member

Congratulations to Tim Robb on that 100 straight. I believe that completes the "slam" for Mr. Arizona! Sounds like it was an absolutely amazing shoot!

7. orange crusher

orange crusher Member

Sean and Stacy,
    Thanks so much for everything this past weekend and you are correct – WHAT A RUSH! You guys did a fantastic job keeping the shoot moving, taking care of everyone, and all the while smiling. This was easily the finest and funnest (sp?) trapshooting event that I (and probably anyone else) have ever attended anywhere – even before the results of the final event. Bill Martin, Pete Martin, Craig Hart, their families, and all the other Vernal Members and friends that make this possible should be commended and thanked for their generosity.
    The entertainment value of this shoot alone makes it well worth the long trip to Vernal. I did not hear one person complaining or say they would not return. Ronnie Milsap and the “Beach Boys” from Colorado were fantastic. The Special Event was simply amazing. The opportunity to compete and visit with the best shooters in the world can’t be beat. Congratulations to Tim Robb and his excellent shooting in the handicap and following shootoff, he is a true gentleman.
    I plan to be back in September and June to enjoy the next great adventures in Vernal. Thanks again for all your hard work, kind words, and fun times.

John Adams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bruce bowen raffle gun vernal

bruce bowen trap gun vernal raffle gun