1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

vernal results

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kolarkim, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolarkim

kolarkim Member

Just wondering scores and how much money was at vernals sept shoot? thanks KK

2. Nitro Power

Nitro Power TS Member

Scores were very high with Ricky Marshall finally winning the overall by two targets over Stu Welton. Welton had shot a 99, 100, 99, 99 in the first 400 but finished with a 94 of which the last trap was a 21. Marshall started with a 100 and finished with a 99 and 493 of 500 for the HOA. Welton and Leo Harrison shot off with Leo winning the R/U spot 25/24. Pete Martin finished the last event with a 99 as well. I believe Pete's daughter Jennifer also had a 98 in the final event.

There was around 30 squads shooting with about $50,000 in the calcutta. As usual the shooters present were some of the very best in the nation as the scores demonstrate. The weather was a little breezy with a very large rain shower that just missed on Sunday.

Vernal hosts a couple of the very best shoots in the nation. There is a very nice meal each evening with entertainment, open bar, and great company. This shoot is like the old days, where everyone sits together and visits. It is probably the best opportunity to meet, visit, and really get to know some of the best shooters and their families. Bill Martin, Pete Martin, Craig Hart, Sean and Stacy Hawley and their families as well as the rest of the Vernal members really go out of their way to make everyone feel welcomed and have a great time.

The June shoot is going to be very hard to secure a spot to shoot, but the September shoot is every bit as good and provides an opportuntity for others to come out to Vernal and enjoy a great shoot. Can't say enough good things about Vernal the folks out there -- by far my favorite place to shoot. Plan to join us all next September!

NP

3. Otter

Otter TS Member

Whom do I contact to request an invitation to the June shoot ?

Luxor

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Luxor,

I've told you before, neither shoot is "by invitation only."

It's my understanding that partiticipation in the June 2008 shoot will first be offered to people who participated in the June 2007 shoot. This offer will be sent out early in 2008. If they want to participate in 2008 they will be required to pay for all targets by a certain deadline. If, after the deadline, there are any open positions, those will be posted on presquad.com. I'm not certain, but I believe that there will probably be a total squad limit imposed. Something on the order of 50 - 60 squads, max.

The September 2007 shoot was limited to 50 squads. It was posted on presquad sometime in late July. There were about 30 squads reserved through presquad.com. If you wanted to come to the Sep07 shoot, all you had to do was show up. They didn't exceed the max number of squads so there was plenty of space. If you really wanted to shoot.

If you want to get on a mailing list, contact Sean Hawley. Contact info is at the site posted above. If anything that I've posted here is inaccurate, Sean will be sure to set it straight.

But please stop the characterization that these shoots are "invitation only." That characterization was started by somebody posting on here, let's not perpetuate it.

enjoy

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Heres a note I got from Sean about the June shoot and number of squads.

"Gene, thanks for the intrest. Our next shoot is the 14,15,16 of Sept. It's
    an all hdcp shoot. $32 targets and the usual options and calcutta. 200hdcp
    fri, 200hdcp sat, 50hdcp and 100 hdcp sun. Our next Registered shoot is in
    April and then our big June shoot. I will send you programs for those, But
    be aware that preference for the June shoot is given to those shooters who
    shot it last year. Our squad max is 70 which we reached this year and had
    a waiting list. Thanks Sean Hawley"

Looks as though those wanting to attend the June shoot will have to stay on top of cancellations to get a spot. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

vernal trap scores

vernal trap shoot results