1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vernal 2012 - 34th Annual Uintah Basin Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by V10, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The scores for the 34th Annual Uintah Basin Shoot at Vernal Rod & Gun Club are on the Scores Web at the link above.

Attendance so far is up almost 10% over 2011. We had 20 more shooters in the Class Doubles (Event 1), 23 more in the Doubles Championship, and 17 more shooters in today's handicap (Event 3).

Attendance was also up for the $40,000 "Miss and Out" fun shoots (courtesy of Bill and LeeAnn Martin) that were held on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.

Today's weather was beautiful; low 80s with clear blue skies, a slight breeze and 25% humidity.

Thursday night's dinner was pork chops, au gratin potatoes, roasted vegetables, roasted, spiced apples and salad. Most of the shooters and their families attended the dinner, which means that about 500 people were fed.

Following dinner, everybody was treated to a two-hour concert by the Doo-Wah Riders.

We've been pleased to see a lot of new faces at the shoot this year. We have shooters from as far away as Florida, Hawaii, and New Zealand.

If you aren't able to make this shoot, it's still not too late to make plans for the 2012 Western Grand which will be held at Vernal R&GC on September 4 - 9. The Western Grand will be given the "June Shoot" treatment, which means there will be fun shoots, food and entertainment like you can only get at VRGC. You owe it to yourself to experience a tournament at Vernal.

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Scott, who prevailed in this one, the "Miss and Out" fun shoot?

Thanks for the heads-up Scott! Wish I coulda been there too!

Hap

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Hap,

The Miss and Out consists of 10 separate "events." Five events are shot on Tuesday, and five are shot on Wednesday.

The first four cost $25 a piece and pay $1250/$750/$500. The fifth one costs $50 to enter and pays $2500/$1500/$1000.

The second four (events 6 - 9 on Wednesday) cost $30 each to enter and pay $1500/$900/$600. Event 10 costs $100 to enter and pays $5000/$3000/$2000.

A shooter must shoot events 1 - 4 in order to shoot event 5, or they have to pay $150.

A shooter must shoot events 1 - 9 in order to shoot event 10, or they have to pay $370.

In other words, you can't shoot for the big money "finale" without paying for everything that precedes it.

You shoot one round of 25 from the 27 yard line. If you miss a target during that "round of 25," you walk off the line (you're out.) All ties after the round of 25 shoot 27-yard wobble until the three places are determined. The shoot off is miss and out too.

I don't have any info on Wednesday's winners, but Bodie Johnson won event 5. The other winners on Tuesday were (in no particular order): John Mullins, Mac Davis, Tim Reed, Sharred Oaks (a sub junior), Chad Sorensen, Stu Welton, Scott McKinnon, and Dick Kohn.

I'll see if Sean has info on the Wednesday winners.

There is also a 30-yard wobble Annie at the conclusion of each night's Miss and Out program. The Annie costs $15 with 1 buy back for $15. It pays $750/$450/$300. There are typically about 40 shooters in the Annie.

All shooters who wish to shoot in the Miss and Out must be entered to shoot the tournament. You can't just show up to shoot the Miss and Out only.

The competition is tough, but as you can see by the names I've listed above, even with some of the biggest names in the country here, they don't always make it to the winners circle.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Thanks Scott for the information my friend!! Fun times in Vernal for sure and sure wish I could've made it up there for all the fun and shooting!!!

I hi-jacked one of Linda Gibson's photos (thanks Linda!!)taken up there and it's a dandy!!

Shoot well buddy!!

hapmectweaks_2008_030322.jpg

Hap

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Hap,

The reason for the grass skirts, other than the obvious, is because Kahuna Beach Party played tonight after dinner. KBP is a Beach Boys cover band from Littleton, CO that encourages audience participation and dancing. They've played at the Uintah Basin Shoot for the last four or five years and are always a big hit.

Today we shot the first 100 of the Singles Championship and a 100-target handicap. The scores on the singles were quite high: out of 277 scores there were 21 100s and 27 99s. There were only 33 scores below 90.

The handicap was shot in breezy conditions with winds of about 15 mph late in the afternoon. But that didn't prevent two 100s and four 99s from being carded.

6. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

miss n out winners
    jeffprigge_2008_030325.jpg

7. Hap MecTweaks

Thanks Scott and all you guys! Next year I'll go play with all the fine folks at Vernal!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

colubia basin trapshooting results

vernal miss and out

vernal utah trap shoot western grand