1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vermont supplies

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by arend003, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arend003

arend003 Member

Am moving to Vermont the 28th and was wondering were the best places are to buy shells and reloading supplies. I wil be in Pittsford and know there is a Dicks in Rutland as well as Wal_Mart. Any good sporting goods stores around?
    thanks
    Tom

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Tom I don't know how far you wish to travel but there is a fellow that post here as Locdoc. He lives in Antrim NH, he sells reloading supplies and shells he is also a PW dealer/distributor.

I will look up his information and PM you when I find it, I do not have his phone number but I am sure someone will.

Bob Lawless

3. Habib

Habib Member

Tom, they play horseshoes in Vermont.

4. roger stoddard

roger stoddard TS Member

Tom,
    Are you going to be shooting registered targets in VT? If so you will end up at the Montpelier Gun Club in Berlin, VT. There is a guy on this site who regularly attends the shoots and brings ammo and reloading supplies as a vendor. He is a great guy and I have always felt his prices are very fair. Hope to see you at the Montpelier Gun Club, Roger

5. roger stoddard

roger stoddard TS Member

Tom,
    There is a Dick's and a Walmart just off I-89 in Williston, VT. If you go there be sure to visit The PowderHorn Gunshop, it's 1/4 mile from the box stores and they have a great stock of guns. They offer some reloading supplies also. There is also a little shop that sells reloading supplies on route 7 out of a gas station called Ditillio's (not sure on the spelling) they are well stocked with components. This is near South Burlington. Roger

6. AAtrap12ga

AAtrap12ga Member

The "gentleman" (loosely used, only kidding Doug!) in NH and at the Montpelier shoots is Doug Whiton 47 Pleasant St. Antrim, NH 603-588-4010. Great person to deal with....

Steve Szczechura

Pelham, NH

7. arend003

arend003 Member

Thanks everyone will check out Doug once I get settled in. I don't shoot ATA but have watched buddies shoot it, my wife and I have only been into trap shooting for three years got my first 25 about 4 weeks ago. Will also need to find a place to shoot this winter.
    Tom

8. locdoc

locdoc Member

Tom,

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your pending move to Pittsford.

I am aware of a couple of locations to shoot trap. Ludlow, VT about 25 miles south of your new place. Between Rutland and Springfield. One trap there and fairly active. Then there is the Hale Mt. club a little ways off Rt. 7 in Shaftsbury. That's probably 45 or more miles from Pittsford.

9. arend003

arend003 Member

Thanks Doug did not about the one in Ludlow but have shot at Hale Mt. several years ago . Will be nice to get this move behind us this weekend and back to shooting.
    tom

10. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I live near Arlington and shoot most of my practice at Hale Mtn. A great club with a superb background but, unfortunately they will close in about 3 weeks for the winter. From April thru early November they shoot on Wednesday and Sunday afternoons. It is tough finding a place to practice in the southern Vt. area during the winter months. The Clifton Park Trap Club near Albany, NY runs a 100 target 16 yd. winter league on Sundays beginning in mid-December, but it is a haul from Pittsford.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.