1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vermont State Trap Shoot, did they change dates???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by zelmo96, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Did Vermont change their state shoot dates?, the ATA site has them having the shoot th July 29-31. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Al Baker

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I received this yesterday and posted to my sites...

Montpelier Gun Club

ATA Trap

Due to circumstances beyond our control with the construction of a shot containment curtain at the Montpelier Gun Club in Berlin, VT, the Vermont Trapshooting Association and Montpelier Gun Club have had to make some changes in our registered shoot schedule this summer.

The delays in construction of the shot curtain are the result of excessive and restrictive federal and state requirements in the design, planning, permitting, and funding steps in constructing the curtain.

Although we have been working on this project for about two years, we will not have our shot curtain completed until July.

This is forcing us to CANCEL our Memorial Weekend Shoot, previously scheduled for May 28th and 29th, as well as RESCHEDULE the Vermont State Shoot from June 17th, 18th, and 19th to July 29th, 30th, and 31st.

* Memorial Weekend Shoot, scheduled for May 28th and 29th (CANCELLED)

* Vermont State Shoot (RESCHEDULED) to July 29th, 30th, and 31st

Unfortunately, I’m sure a lot of shooters have made their summer traveling plans and we are going to disappoint some of them.

I regret this but we have had no choice other than to make these changes.

Dennis DeVaux

3. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Dennis, See you the end of July! Thanks for the posting.

4. capvan

capvan Active Member

This will really mess up my plans for the summer. The new dates for the state shoot fall in the middle of our two week, fully paid for, Maine vacation. I just hope they get things fixed before next year...

Is this the beginning of lead problems for other clubs? Wish we had more details about just exactly what is going on here.

cap

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: Is this the beginning of lead problems for other clubs?

Water issues...

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Come on Joe no lead no water issues, you know that as well as anyone does.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.