1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vermont state shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by caspian, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspian

caspian TS Member

Has any one on this forum ever shot the Vermont state shoot. If so how many shooters participate on average, also anything interesting one would like to know that is planning to take in this shoot. Thank you.

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

You can visit the photo page at this link and see first hand.

Have photos posted from the last several years.

Vermont ATA

http://www.losttarget.com/vtata/

3. buddy123

buddy123 Guest

The Vermont State Shoot is quite popular.
    You will see plates from at least 5 other states as well as Canada.
    The shoot management team and all their helpers ensure things run efficiently and
    at the same time,seem to go out of their way to help everyone feel welcome at their club.
    I am pretty sure that you would enjoy attending any of the Montpelier shoots...the state shoot will have the greatest number of shooters.Try to get a look at a shoot program.....even a prior year program will give you an idea of what to expect.

Pete Giddings- Canada

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I have attended Vt. for several years, always a nice shoot. One suggestion, do not, I repeat DO NOT stay at "The Vermonter" motel in Montpelier. It is a DUMP, and that is actually a compliment! Here is a picture of the inside of the motel door, this is just a taste of how bad it was.....we checked out 10 minutes after we arrived and got the credit card credited.....

5. caspian

caspian TS Member

Frank thanks for the heads-up on the 4 star motel,but I'll be hauling my 5-wheel.
    I have already made reservations.
    I havn't seen the program yet,I spoke to a man that will sending them out. Maybe I will call agian to be sure I recieve one. I do not want to miss this shoot.
    thanks agian.

6. Golfbcc

Golfbcc TS Member

Dear Caspian,

Thanks for the interest. You say you have a 5th wheel camper which is great but call me because I'm the one taking camper reservations and we have limited space. Frank is right the Vermonter is a dump hopefully anyone reading this will not stay there. My cell number is 802-249-0794. Thanks talk to you later. You will enjoy the shoot any help I can be let me know.

Steve Bigras

7. jimsw

jimsw Member

The Vermont state shoot is one of my favorites. Great people, well run. If you don't mind a short (1/2 hour+) drive you can stay in Stowe. Plenty of places to stay and things to do for the non-shooters.

8. trapster100

trapster100 Member

Word of caution if you're headed to the Vt. State Shoot.

WARNING - WARNING - WARNING -

Be very, very careful. Though they have been known to lose a few hands at spades and hearts....there are a few "ringers" when it comes to playing pitch!!!!

Seriously, The Vermont State Shoot is my favorite other New England State Shoot(right behind Maine's). Real great shoot, real nice bunch of people!!!
    You'll have a great time....also, keep your eyes open for the flying limes in the evenings.

trapster
    http://www.mainetrapshooting.com

9. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

When the flyer come out it will be posted to the website....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.