1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Verizon and Direct TV raise rates unannounced

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by grunt, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

My cable service raised their prices also. I was told that the channels raised the prices to the cable companys...Just passing it through to the customer.

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Just cut my direct TV bill by $45.00 a month. You must stay on top of your bills because they will bump them without telling you. Did the same with my cell phone. I love chopping them.

3. pcrc11

pcrc11 TS Member

My rates were raised after I agreed to two year contract with Direct Tv. I called and said I did not think it was right I had to stick to my end of contract for 2 years and they did not. Phone rep said they have plenty of lawyers that write those contracts and you can be sure they are one sided. As to call phones go to Wal Mart and get the straight talk plan. Unlimited everything for 45.00 a month total with no contract. You do have to buy the phone though. Wal Mart cant keep the phones in stock so many are switching to it. Soon the majors will have to lower pricing to compete so it will benefit us all.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

As Grunt said the networks are raising their rates. ESPN is charging every cable/satellite provider $4.10 per month for every customer household that gets ESPN and they want a rate increase which they will get.

Eric

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

smsnyder,

What did you have to give up to get the rate reductions?

Eric

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I recently had some issues with Comcast Cable TV box digital converters......when I called the 800# for service support, I was speaking to the Philippines.....good job Comcast keeping good jobs at good wages in the country...

7. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

The bottom line is you have to accept less service in order to pay the same or a little more each month -- I do not know how they can justify raising rates with the economy in the shape it is in. the beav

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

TimeWarner raised their cable rates starting this month also. I'm about ready to get rid of it because there isn't a damn thing worth watching on it anymore. The last couple of nights I've turned the tv off and have been listening to free radio at nights.

Haven't noticed an increase from Verizon Wireless, but if they increase I'm dropping and going to Wally World and pick up one of the pay as you go cell phones. My Mom uses Virgin Mobile and it has worked great for her, just pay as you go.

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Not taking sides but if you're complaining about off shore tech support and rising service rates imagine how much higher your rates would be if the companys involved had to pay for on shore tech support. Paying a tech support person in the Phillipines or India is at least 50% less than paying a person who lives here. Remember the old saying: "Good, Fast, Cheap, pick two"

Eric

10. msmith

msmith Member

I sick of the high rates for TV. When spring arrives I am putting up an antennia. My friend has one and I was amazed he get HD. A high end antennia cost about $100. 1.5 months cable bill. Mike

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

msmith,

That will work only for broadcast stations not for cable only channels.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.