1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Venting on posters on this forum

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ron(Oh), Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

Why oh Why can't posters on this forum post what it is they are selling or wanting in the title to the thread, why do I or anyone else reading these have to look at the thread to see what they want it wastes my time and anyone else reading these. BS is all it is.
    P-L-E-A-S-E ! Posters put the topic in the suject of the thread.
    Thanks for letting me vent....Ron

2. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I would have to agree. It even pops up another window telling you to make sure you have the right catagory selected. Another thing I found is why they are left in the wrong catagory. Come on mods move those threads.

Bryan

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bryan--Its not nice to call out the mods. Lightning may zap ya.

Matt

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

just don't open them.

tony

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Good idea Ron, I don't know if it would work though, it makes too much sense.

7. Calkidd

I am a mod on other forums. I know what the wrath can unleash.
    [​IMG]

8. Calkidd

Tony, that seems to be the lazy approach when other memebers post that fourm rules should be followed.

Remember the "don't open" applies to you also.

Bryan

9. porky

porky TS Member

Who are the moderators on this site??

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The mods are mysterious folks. They hide in the most inconspiculous places. You may be chatting with one at any time. Really.

11. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I think anyone stating we are on this site and not wasting a time is a little bit of a stretch. I generally log on twice a weekday once in the morning and in the evening, three times on the weekend.I enjoy my time here does it annoy me seeing the same post for months selling the item? Yes but not enough to not tune in.
    Jim

12. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

When I see an unclear title. I usually don't open it.

And if I see a selling thread without asking price, I definitely will not go any further. Based on my experiences, their prices are more than what they feel comfortable to post.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The solution is not to move sale threads to the sale group, but to simply delete them. The offenders will not get the message otherwise.

As for those ads that are vague or lack any description, ignore them.

Some people do not use category view. My guess is they're the main culprits in not putting posts in their proper category. They need to realize that it ticks people off who do make an effort.

Worse are those who decide to make themselves a de facto moderator without delete key, and take to task everyone who they feel is not catagorizing their posts correctly. Only problem is, one of these notorious jackasses also got it wrong on what were properly catagorized posts, and made a train wreck out of numerous legit threads.

14. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

doggai,

you are the most drivel poster of the bunch. At least the rest
    have something intelligent to say.

Birddog

15. leadvail

leadvail Member

Like Forest said, stupid is- stupid does.

These are the same people that pull out in front of me every day on my way to work when everybody's going 60 and they go 20 and who shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

They're the one's who the squad waits 20 minutes for and then they forgot their shells and you have to wait another 20 minutes for....

Bob

16. YODA100

YODA100 TS Member

My take is that David has put forth a lot of effort and, I am sure, a reasonable amount of money to start this site, and keep it running smoothly for the rest of us. I can't think of another site I visit that is not "down" at least twice as much. He, AS THE OWNER OF THIS SITE, has put forth a set of rules that he feels is not unreasonably limiting on visitors and makes it a step above other shooting related forums and surely makes his life easier in the process, thread categories for one.

The thing that gets me is that even though he has requested that posters observe and abide by the rules he set up, there are those who simply disregard his wishes and post what they want, where they want to. I truly don't get this mentality. He, as owner, says "please do it this way" and still people do as they damn well want to. Are we not guests on this site and as such should be doing as we are asked?

It is not about "you don't have to open it if you don't want to", it is about having NO respect for a guy who does us all a hell of a favor by maintaining this forum. There are even messages which ask us twice not to post F/S, WTB threads in the "shooting related" category yet there are those who do it anyhow. Pure disrespect as I see it. David does some threatening about deleting those threads but I think keeps hoping that we users will one day figure out how to police ourselves. In my experience from 10 years on the site, I don't see that happening any time soon. A few deletions would get their attention I am sure.

I had made issue with a few posters through PM about this and get my ass handed to me and told if I don't like it, don't open it. One guy told me he had won a significant amount of money in the lottery and would do as he pleased. Again, it is not about "don't open it" or "I contribute money to the site", it is about RESPECT FOR DAVID.

17. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Am I missing something here? I keep hearing about different categories of threads? When I post a thread, a little box comes up which asks what type of topic it is, but no matter which one I choose, It still always posts in the same column with the rest of the threads no matter what the topic.

It all comes up under the heading of the Trapshooters Discussion Web, which contains every post that gets put on here.

The only difference I see is the individual titles of the threads gives some idea of what the thread is about...Sometimes?

Sopmetimes they say WTS or WTB or OT in the title but they are still all in the same column. And I have always had to enter a WTB myself It doesn't show up otherwise.

I am I missing something here?

Randy

18. shelly

shelly TS Member

Yes, Randy you definitely are missing something.

19. Calkidd

Yes Randy you are missing something.

[​IMG]

20. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Shelly: aren't you a transvestite? Someone said you were on another post which was probably mislabled too. Is there a category for "WTS/WTB Tranny"? I haven't seen it either.

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.