1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

vendors @ the grand?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Who all is @ the grand (esp interested in Kolar)? I went to the grand in vandalia in '01, and really enjoyed the experience, and am finding myself w/ plenty of free time for the next few weeks before school starts, and am thinking about making a trip to Sparta this week. Its going to be a 13hr trip (the longest trip i'll have made on my own by almost triple), but if sparta is anything like vandalia as far as vendors and neat things and guns to see and buy, i think it'll be worth the trip.

Let me know your thoughts. Figure it'll cost me a little more than $150 for gas round trip (my car is king on mileage LOL).

Also, any idea if there are showers on the grounds? it'll probably be a camping trip in the car if I go (although I just looked @ the weather, and it's supposed to be 104 wednesday,,,i don't even know what 104 feels like LOL).

2. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

There are more vendors this year than last. Kolar is here and everyone is checking out the new adjustable rib o/u barrels. The showers here are first class and some of the best I have ever seen in a campground. The weather is hot, and it is expected ot cool a bit by the end of the week. I go online every evening, and will be happy to answer any other questions you have.
    Pat Haskins

3. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Lots of Kolar and other high $ guns to look at...but you can see them all in about 3 hours...I know, I just got home from 3 1/2 days there. Let's see...drive 13 hours out and 13 hours back and spend maybe 8 hours looking at guns...and (try to) sleep in your car in 104 degree weather?...I don't know. If you are really, really going to buy a high $ trap or sporting clay gun, it might (marginally) be worth the trip. If you just want to look at pretty guns, you might wonder if the trip was worth it after you get there. Take lots of water. Best Regards, Ed

4. skeet_man

adjustable rib o/u barrels? Similar to the trap special? Price tag?

5. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I was just there on Saturday, and there didn't seem to be as many vendors in "tent alley" as there were last year. In the air conditioned section there seemed to be as many vendors as last year. To tell the truth, I really didn't see much for bargains there.

6. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

skeet_man,

Yes Kolar has o/u barrels similar to K Gun Trap Special. This is something they have just come out with. I suppose to compete with Krieghoff and Perazzi. If you want to see Kolar, you need to get there before Friday. I heard that Kolar was leaving Friday morning. That might be a rumor though. Good luck and have fun! Matt - Woodson Enterprises

7. skeet_man

HAHAHA, i knew it. Everything was deriding Kolar for not rushing to market w/ a gun to compete w/ the MX2005 and K80 Trap Special, and my thoughts were they were waiting to watch the market to see if there would be enough demand, and dang it, for once in my life I was right about something LOL

8. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ian, msrp for the adjustable rib combo is $13.9k give or take a few dollars. Harv.

9. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Venders are in short supply go to MO handicap instead . they simply arent going to sparta due too hot weather and last year its about 1/2 of last year deal . Sietz may be there Bowen isnt Kolar is , Jaqua's is there they have best selection of all guns . Food isnt Gormet either but hasnt ever been . Go to Jaquas in Ohio looking for fine guns or Guns unlimited in NE . Just looking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.