1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale VENDORS! PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Vendors Only' started by FFarl, Aug 28, 2015.

1. FFarl

FFarl Administrator Staff Member

Hey folks,
    I've been working on a way to drive some more traffic to your businesses, and give you an advantage over the individual sellers around here. I think I've got something worked out that will help tremendously.

From today forward, posts in the "For Sale, Members only" section will not appear when a user clicks "Active topics". Same goes for this section, "For Sale, Vendors only", BUT when you post in your individual vendors section, it WILL. This gives you an advantage over any members, and will also significantly un-clutter the view that most of us use when browsing this forum.

Some of you do not have individual forum sections so see me to get that corrected immediately. I hope this works to your advantage. Please contact me with any questions at AaronL@ForumFoundry.com.

Thank you,

Aaron

2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

ADMINS - Wrong idea. When the change in format from David's old site occurred, members were reassured that they will have a single way to see all recent posts, to include for sale posts, via the Active Topics.

Changing this is a NOT a good idea. Vendors may like it but you users will not.

Billetproof and Steve W thanked this.
  3. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Good for the vendors - bad for the regular user that is used to doing a quick scan active postings including FOR SALE items. Big thumbs down!!!!!!!!

Billetproof and Steve W thanked this.
  4. 221

221 Banned User Banned

In all business, paying customers get a particular service, be it the newspaper, the internet or the super bowl. If you are not willing to pay for using such a service with a vast audience, you should appreciate posting your items at all. With the newspaper you can pay a small fee for a for sale item that only reaches a small group. If you pay more you can have it posted in dozens of papers reaching tens of thousands of potential buyers. Why should that be any different here?

5. ShotStop

ShotStop Dedicatedto keeping gun clubs open and shooting.

Disassociating the ads from the content is contrary to every advertising rule in the book.

Binion and himark thanked this.
  6. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I like the old format..

DecalDude thanked this.
  7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I just put Skeel, Lyon et als on ignore on the old system and it worked for me. I agree that their previous selfish use of the board lead to changes that really don't serve the members or vendors well.

Steve W thanked this.
  8. Cpsw

Cpsw TS Member

Contrary to the rest of the folks here, I think this is a great idea! If a shopper is coming to this site to shop, why not have all the products in the "for sale" sections? As a consumer, I would prefer to not have to filter through all the Active Topics discussions to get to the items that are for sale. I can see how, in theory, this would give those who post through their individual forum section a bit of a boost since only their ads will also posts in the Active Topics section and won't be competing as strongly with other sellers. I was just wondering, though, once everyone starts posting in their individual forum and therefore sending their items to both the sales and Active Topics discussion sections, won't it end up being more or less the same situation where you've got sales and talk all in one place to sift through?

9. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

CPS...you have it wrong. Active topics will not have any for sale items at all.
    Bill

10. FFarl

No, he's actually got it right. The active topics will contain all Supporting Vendor sales posts.

slayer thanked this.
  11. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

thanks for the correction. I didn't realize you weren't done with the changes to active topics.
    Bill

12. FFarl

It is done, and has been since last week. The only hangup is getting the vendors all on the same page, but as I stated in the first post of this thread, you will continue to see all vendors posts in active topics.

slayer thanked this.
  13. senorric

senorric Member

Aaron,
    I personally LIKE the current system of two sections, one for "members" and one for "vendors". I think you did a great job in explaining why it was necessary and defining each of the two types of sellers. I can understand why the commercial vendors are unhappy but it sure is faster now seeing what fellow members have for sale. Please continue your fine efforts on our behalf. Thanks -----

14. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

TS is not as attractive as before. TS used to be a discussion site with interesting F/S s from members. Now we have vendors, and the site is more catered to vendors.

A news paper can do whatever they want for ad, but if you lost viewers, no one would put ad on it.
    Did we notice very rarely we see good buys from paid vendors? Those we can find them on other commercial sites everyday, we don't need to see it in "Discussion site".

Viewers are the most important asset to a news paper or website.

I've put those "6 ad per page" vendors on ignore list, if we ever lost this feature, good luck with TS.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    MDJ67 thanked this.
  15. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Steve W is spot on !! Keep Vendors in there own category .

Steve W thanked this.
  16. senorric

senorric Member

+1, agreed.

17. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I will admit, that while I advocated a return to the single, sequential list of ALL posts under Active Threads, I believe the admins went in exactly the wrong direction in adding back the professional vendors and not the member for sale posts. I agree with Steve W that I have plenty of ways to search and find professional vendors in our sport, but what was really appreciated was the member to member non-pro ads where interesting and often well priced used shotgun related things could be purchased.

I really do think that our admins are truly deaf to the concerns and priorities of the board's membership and completely agree that without this membership this site ain't worth jack.

18. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I really like the new format. Much better than Shotgun World with adds inserted everywhere.

19. tns628

tns628 TS Member

I am interested in becoming a vendor but I would like to know the rules for vendors and also some information on how to become one and the cost. I know as a member you are limited to what you can sell and how much at a time and it cant be for a profit. Please PM with information.

Search tags for this page

tristar trap shotguns tt-15 dx for sale