Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VENDORS! PLEASE READ!

1M views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Jollytrapshooter 
#1 ·
Hey folks,
I've been working on a way to drive some more traffic to your businesses, and give you an advantage over the individual sellers around here. I think I've got something worked out that will help tremendously.

From today forward, posts in the "For Sale, Members only" section will not appear when a user clicks "Active topics". Same goes for this section, "For Sale, Vendors only", BUT when you post in your individual vendors section, it WILL. This gives you an advantage over any members, and will also significantly un-clutter the view that most of us use when browsing this forum.

Some of you do not have individual forum sections so see me to get that corrected immediately. I hope this works to your advantage. Please contact me with any questions at AaronL@ForumFoundry.com.

Thank you,

Aaron

#4 ·
In all business, paying customers get a particular service, be it the newspaper, the internet or the super bowl. If you are not willing to pay for using such a service with a vast audience, you should appreciate posting your items at all. With the newspaper you can pay a small fee for a for sale item that only reaches a small group. If you pay more you can have it posted in dozens of papers reaching tens of thousands of potential buyers. Why should that be any different here?

#8 ·
Contrary to the rest of the folks here, I think this is a great idea! If a shopper is coming to this site to shop, why not have all the products in the "for sale" sections? As a consumer, I would prefer to not have to filter through all the Active Topics discussions to get to the items that are for sale. I can see how, in theory, this would give those who post through their individual forum section a bit of a boost since only their ads will also posts in the Active Topics section and won't be competing as strongly with other sellers. I was just wondering, though, once everyone starts posting in their individual forum and therefore sending their items to both the sales and Active Topics discussion sections, won't it end up being more or less the same situation where you've got sales and talk all in one place to sift through?

#13 ·
Aaron,
I personally LIKE the current system of two sections, one for "members" and one for "vendors". I think you did a great job in explaining why it was necessary and defining each of the two types of sellers. I can understand why the commercial vendors are unhappy but it sure is faster now seeing what fellow members have for sale. Please continue your fine efforts on our behalf. Thanks -----

#17 ·
I will admit, that while I advocated a return to the single, sequential list of ALL posts under Active Threads, I believe the admins went in exactly the wrong direction in adding back the professional vendors and not the member for sale posts. I agree with Steve W that I have plenty of ways to search and find professional vendors in our sport, but what was really appreciated was the member to member non-pro ads where interesting and often well priced used shotgun related things could be purchased.

I really do think that our admins are truly deaf to the concerns and priorities of the board's membership and completely agree that without this membership this site ain't worth jack.

#19 ·
I am interested in becoming a vendor but I would like to know the rules for vendors and also some information on how to become one and the cost. I know as a member you are limited to what you can sell and how much at a time and it cant be for a profit. Please PM with information.

#20 ·
I'm not interested in becoming a vendor but have been banned twice recently for posting things for sale in the members only forum. Seems to be there must be a whole lot of complaining from the paying people about the non-paying.

First time I had a set of chokes and had offers for individual ones,... sold them and got banned for it. Fast forward a few months, I have a K80 stock for sale, sells and the next day I post an ad for a Liberty gun safe I am trying to sell locally, ... banned again, this time I am told I must become a "vendor" because it's not fair to the paying vendors that I sell my stuff. I was provided an email address by the mod that smacked my hand and deleted my ad, emailed them 5 days ago and no response. So,.... become a "vendor" (when I'm clearly by all descriptions not), or... don't post in the classifieds at all. Meanwhile I'm just like another casual user here, don't have a store, don't sell on Ebay or GB, don't have an FFL or online business.

The really satisfying part is when I email the people I'm supposed to be paying for the privilege of posting a classifieds ad and they never respond....

Ridiculous, plain and simple.

#21 ·
Two full weeks later and no response to my email inquiring about my "vendor" (non-vendor) status.

So, the mods/admins are being told to police the forums for people who in their opinion are bucking the system by offering a whopping ONE thing for sale at a time without being a paying "vendor",... then the people who are supposed to handle taking money from an individual (non-vendor) to sell here don't reply to emails......

Great system.

#22 ·
Yeah well I cancelled my vendor privileges in January and they keep sending me bills then a late notice a while later just now got another bill for the next 3 months. The front office does not k ow what the back office does. Thats a Canadian company for ya. Have not posted anything in the vendor area since December. Will start back up this fall but I am not going to pay for privalages I did not use. Hell the billing office does not ever return my emails.

#23 · (Edited)
Now PM's to the Admin/Mods who smacked my hand are going unanswered also.

Funny (not haha funny) part is it's fairly obvious this strategy is NOT working, look at the number of posts/views in the "Vendor" section vs Members. I think the distinction between Vendor and just casual shooter who has more stuff than he can use needs a serious looking at.

We're talking literally 5 YEARS later they accuse me of getting my 50 posts for sole purpose of posting a few things for sale every so often in the Members classifieds section.

Talk about a sleeper cell, I'd have to be pretty bored to wait 5 years to start peddling my goods as a "vendor" in the members classifieds.

Ridiculous.

#27 ·
Looking at over a month now since I emailed to asked about my non-vendor vendor status with no reply. On our next episode, mods/admins are instructed to limit members ability to casually post used items for sale to protect paying vendors but then site owners won't respond to requests for information about reluctantly becoming a "vendor" when you're by no measure a vendor of any kind anyway.....

Moderation level in "Vendor" Classifieds,.... low enough no one notices or responds to this thread.
Moderation level in "Member" Classifieds... NSA level surveillance.

Stay Tuned!

#28 ·
Hey folks,
I've been working on a way to drive some more traffic to your businesses, and give you an advantage over the individual sellers around here. I think I've got something worked out that will help tremendously.

From today forward, posts in the "For Sale, Members only" section will not appear when a user clicks "Active topics". Same goes for this section, "For Sale, Vendors only", BUT when you post in your individual vendors section, it WILL. This gives you an advantage over any members, and will also significantly un-clutter the view that most of us use when browsing this forum.

Some of you do not have individual forum sections so see me to get that corrected immediately. I hope this works to your advantage. Please contact me with any questions at AaronL@ForumFoundry.com.

Thank you,

Aaron
Who do I contact about the individual forum sections now?

Thanks.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.