1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vendors @ Michigan Trapshooting Assoc. 2008

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by J D, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J D

J D TS Member

Vendors packs have been sent out for the 2008 events at Mason.
    Things have changed for the vendors. There will be no charge for vending at any of our shoots. If you camp there will be a camping charge $15.00 per day except at the Great Lakes Grand fees will be $20.00 per day. Below is a space request if anyone would like thet can fill it out and send it to

MTA
    1534 Service Rd.
    Mason Mi 48854

Dear Friend of the MTA:

We hope you will be a vendor at one or more of our shoots at the Michigan Trapshooting Association home grounds in 2008. The vendor fees for 2008 have changed. There will be no charge for vending, although if you camp at the shoots you will be charged a camping fee ($15.00) per day except at the Great Lakes Grand they will be $20.00 per day and may be paid in advance or on arrival. Electrical connection is provided, but water hookup is not available in all the vendor area.

Please fill out the enclosed form, and return it with proof of liability insurance ASAP before the date of the shoot(s) you wish to attend. The minimum amount of liability insurance coverage is $1,000,000 unless law or regulation requires a higher amount.

No one will be permitted to vend on the grounds without MTA approval. Such approval is granted solely at our discretion, and may be withdrawn at any time. Vendors must comply with all MTA directives, and with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.

All vendors must check in at the MTA office when first arriving on the grounds. Your specific vendor location will then be assigned, and vendors must use only the assigned location. If you set up before this, you may be moved, or removed from the grounds entirely.

Every effort will be made to accommodate your space requirements and location requests. Priority will be given to our long-time vendors, and by the date the request is received.

Please contact us with any questions. We look forward to sharing another successful year with you.

2008 VENDOR SPACE REQUEST

Name: ___________________________________________________
    Business Name: ___________________________________________________
    Address: ___________________________________________________
    Fax #: ___________________________________________________
    Email: ___________________________________________________ Primary Vendor Items: ___________________________________________________

Please indicate your location preference, if known, and describe your tent, display, camper, tow vehicle, etc. ______________________________________________________________________________
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Please check the shoots you plan to attend.

_______ 17th Annual Spring Team Shoot, May 2-4, 2008

_______ 21st Annual Great Lakes Grand American, May 20-26, 2008

_______ Michigan 500 June 28-29, 2008

_______ 99th Annual Michigan State Shoot, June 30-July 6, 2008

_______ 35th Annual Fall Team Shoot, September 5-7, 2008

2. A23B

A23B TS Member

JD turn on your private messages please

3. alf174

alf174 Member

good job, this needed to be done.

4. J D

J D TS Member

Ok It is on

5. mobear

mobear Member

This is a great change for the vendors and I hope many take advantage of it and come to Mason for the shoots.

6. coyote hunter

coyote hunter TS Member

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

JD; Maybe you need to come back on here and re-affirm that this is truly the policy and so inform your fellow directors after the screw up this weekend. Why don't you really step up to the plate and waive camping fees if they stay in the work unit.

Don

8. cat

cat TS Member

BigDon
    I have a lease on the grounds and my camping is paid. I'm there as a Director for the shooters and not to free load on anyone.

Cat Meadows

9. J D

J D TS Member

To BIGDON and any others that may have ill feelings of the Board of Directors at the MTA. I am truly sorry if I, in any way, caused a problem by posting the vendor pack on Trap Shooters.
    I am not a director of the MTA, just the recording secretary. When I posted the vendor letter I assumed that I was correct in my interpretation of the board minuets on this subject, I was not. If I had of discussed it with the board I would have posted a different letter. Please do not be angry at any of the Board Members. This was my fault and mine alone. I am sure the Board will do what ever it takes to make it right and the vendors happy. The MTA directors are volunteer positions and it takes a tremendous amount of time and energy to put on some of the finest shoots anywhere. If anyone wants to stop by my office I will buy you a coffee and talk over what I did. Thank for reading this and agin I am sorry.

JD

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Cat: I really don't know where you are coming from. When did I say anything about your camping. I was talking about vendors. Take a valium.

JD: Thanks for stepping up.

Don

11. cat

cat TS Member

BigDon

Now that I have taken a valium, I just wanted everyone to know that the board of Directors are trying everything possible to atract vendors to attend our shoots. I went and talked to many vendors during the Grand and talked about why they don't come to Michigan and found out a few things that we are addressing to attract the vendors back to the michigan shoots.

Cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.