1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vendors at the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Seitz Shooter, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

How many vendors this year? More or less?

Adios, Dirk

2. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

same as last year, all in the same place as last year.

3. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Three of us drove the 300 miles from central Indiana to the Grand just to take in the atmosphere and spend some time perusing the vendors. I took a K gun to get an annual done and one of my friends took a K gun to have a different stock put on it.

Our view may be a little skewed since we are not primarily trap shooters but shoot recreational skeet and sporting clays. Also, I had nt been to the Grand since the first year they were located in Sparta. As a side note I had been to Vandalia on a half dozen occasions in past years as a non-shooter.

All of the permanent buildings were occupied although a couple of the sports didn't have much in them i.e. Hodgon Reloading spot. The major firearms manufacturers, of course, and all had knowledgeable friendly folks. K gun, P gun, Browning, Beretta, SKB, etc. The NRA had a nice booth and were promoting sign up or upgrade. The most dissappointing booth for me was the Bob Allen shooting apparel booth. Way smaller than the Vandalia booth and worst of all, none of the lovely young sales assistants that were prevalent in Vandalia ! Wenig ( under new ownership ) has returned and had a lot of great looking blanks and Fred Wenig was out back of the vendor booth with a of old 90% inletted blanks that he was selling as very reasonable prices - some really good buys if you were looking for nice wood for a model 12 or 42. Gamaliel and other vendors were there in good number - best bargain I found was $5 for a 12 ga. boresnake and $7.50 for a Bob Allen polo style shooting shirt.

The end of the trap line vendor area wasn't much to get excited about from what I could tell with the exception of the place where we got a deliscious philly cheesesteak sandwich that probably had enough calories and sodium to last any normal person for at least a week !

Don't know if that's what you were looking for - perhaps it will help a little.

4. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

Would anyone have Fred Wenig's phone # (cell ?)---am interested in some of the
    win 42 wood.
    thx
    Bob

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Try the website for their phone. I'm sure the operator will give you Fred's cell #.

http://www.wenig.com/

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. G-12

G-12 TS Member

Any P-W dealers at the Grand?

7. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Wenig's 660-547-3334

Maybe they will give you his number ?

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status: