1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vendors at th Aim Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Schoolcop, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schoolcop

Schoolcop Active Member

Ive been told a lot of the vendors will not be at the grand for the aim shoot the week before the grand. Does anyone know if the main gun shops or the bigger vendors will be open? Thanks, Randy

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Who told you they wouldn't be there? Most of the vendors I have talked with in the past say some of their best business comes from the kids shoots.

Mommy buy me this, daddy buy me that.

3. Schoolcop

Schoolcop Active Member

Well thats what I would think also, folks will usually spend more on their kids than themselves. Thats one of the highlights for my son, buying t-shirts and pins. Also I'm planning on buying him another gun and wanted him to shoot several while we're there. Thanks, Randy

4. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

grntitan,

If you remeber last year at the AIM Nationals, a lot of the vendors were just setting up and stores weren't open and they shut off demo'ing guns early .

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bob,

I don't recall that but maybe I'm confusing the SCTP Championship with the AIM. I'm one who feels the AIM should be part of the actual Grand though.

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pardon my ignorance but what is the AIM?

7. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The ATA's youth competition program.

8. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Liz the massage lady.. and myself making ear plugs will be there and set up.

Jerry Bryant
    Silent Treatment
    Hearing Protection and Enhancement

9. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I agree with you grntitan.
    When we first started with AIM, the same year it was started, 2008 if memory serves,the nationals were on Saturday and Sunday between the prelims and Grand week and then the 14 year-old won the $100,000 a couple of years ago.The very next year we were moved to the weekend before the prelims.

Last year they had the "Shooting Carnival" on Saturday and Sunday and a lot of the vendors were just getting set up or were not even open yet. They shut down the demoing of guns at like 1:00 on Tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.