1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Velocity Calculation ? for Neil Winston

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by VAMiket, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

Do you have a formula or data for calculating the decrease in velocity for shotguns loads over distance as well as the expansion of the pattern. I know there are numerous variables that will need to be considered and a portion, if not all of the results may be theoretical. But if you have any information I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

MTSkeet@AOL.com

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

MTS, everything you want to know along those lines is available in a program by Winchester's many-decade expert Ed Lowry called "Shotgun Ballistics for Windows." It will keep you busy for weeks or longer and is an expansion from actual testing into a general, experimentally based story, and so is "calculated" rather than "theoretical" and we need more of that for sure. I got mine from Ballistic Specialties but there may be other sources; I'd start there and use Google if you don't get anywhere. Good luck with it; I guarantee your satisfaction.

Neil

3. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

I think I may have what you are seeking and I was going to post it here, but was unable to upload it to photobucket.

If you will provide your email address, I will send it to you as an attached file.

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Earl, I don't think it shames anyone, it simply reflects the respect that Neil has spent so much time earning here. Others have never been shy about adding their two cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.