1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vehicle Problem?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BenelliM2, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

I have a 2003 Ford Ranger going down the road it's great but if I come to a stop it will start to shake and the lights start to dim also the rpm's jump a little and eventullay the trucks just shuts off. Curious if anyone might know what is causing the problem?

Jordan Dekker,FRGC Member

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have seen a vehicle do that and cleaning the throttle body along with a new fuel filter cleared it up. I would also check the air filter. One of the ford tech will probably come on shortly and tell you what to do. Jackie B.

3. 1290FPS

1290FPS Member

I owned a brand spanking new 2000 Ranger with the I4 engine for a very short period. My engine would stall nearly every time I stopped. After dozens of fruitless trips to a number of Dealer service departments, I unloaded the truck. None of the service folks was ever able to tell me what ailed that engine. I wish you luck.

4. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

What engine? Sounds like there could be a vacuum leak or unmetered air. Pcv tubes on the 4.0L were notorious for cracking and sucking air.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.