1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vehicle handgun lock box opinion wanted

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by noknock1, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Looking for a gun box for my GMC Acadia, it needs to be as tiny as possible to hold a small pistol such as a Glock 26 or J frame.

I have the below (see link) box cabled to the seat in my truck. It is a great box with plenty of room for not only a gun, but an extra mag, wallet, etc... just way too big for the Acadia with that being such tight quarters.

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <body>

Great box, but too big for my SUV

</body>
    </html>

So I am reading reviews on amazon about multiple "micro" and "mini" boxes and most seem good.

I am hesitant on the biometric stuff that gun vault sells from reading some bad reviews...

Not really worried so much about quick access as the gun will be out when we are in the vehicle.

What are you guys using, maybe not specifically for an Acadia, but specifically what "thin" small boxes are being used in small vehicles?

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Check out 4x4 catalogs, there is one that bolts to the floor and is a lock box and is pretty heavy duty.

Tuffy Secure tote is one.
    https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-455-conceal-carry-valuables-tote.aspx

Smittybilt Secure lock box is another.
    http://www.smittybiltdepot.com/SmittybiltTowing/Secure-Lock-Box.aspx?t_c=67&t_s=414&t_pt=3847&t_pn=S%2fB2746

Will hold one large frame semi auto and extra clip, well padded.

They are going to be about as small as you can get.

3. roaddawgdriver

roaddawgdriver TS Member

The one I bought to use is made by bulldog vaults. THE feature I liked about it the bracket bolts to the floor and the box slides in to and locks in also can use a cable and the bracket at the same time. They had different sizes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lock a gun in an gmc acadia

secure pistol gmc acadia