1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

VEGAS "FINAL FAREWELL" RESULTS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LV Trapshooting Park, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV Trapshooting Park

LV Trapshooting Park TS Member

Wanted to thank all those that came, and recognize the winners. 110 shooters from 15 states attended. Typical Las Vegas A.T.A. weather. Gorgeous the day before and after the shoot. Plenty of wind for the 3 days of shooting. That's the way is started for us 20 years ago, so fitting that it would end that way! Temperatures in the 60s.

Evt 1- Fri, Nov 13, 100 16yd- AA- Steve Cloyd (CA)100, A- Mark Johnson (IL) 99,
    B- Devin Holden (AZ) 98, C-Joe Perez (AZ) 96, D- Joe Janis JR (NV) & Sheila Pethoud (UT) 84, Lady- Estela Vaden (NV) 92, Vet- Harold Curry (UT) 97, Sr Vet-Glen Hendricks (AZ)& Clyde Stice (NV) 98.

Evt 2- Fri, Nov 13, 100 Hdcp- Champion- George Runkle (CA)(27) 96, Lady- Jennifer Martin (NV)(27) 90, Vet- Bob McDonald (NV)(26.5) & John Hickey (NV)(26) 91, Sr Vet- Tom Kushima (HI)(27) 93.

Evt 3- Fri, Nov 13, 100 Dbls- Cancelled due to darkness!!

Evt 4- Sat, Nov 14, 100 16yd- AA- Sal Mercadante (NV) 99, forf. by Ron Christensen, A- Garrett Winslow (NV) 98, B- Jerry McKinlay (NV) 96, C- Terry Liffick (AZ) 91, D- Joe Janis (NV) 85, Lady- Estela Vaden (NV) 82, Lady R-U- Jennifer Martin (NV) 78, Lady 3rd- Morgan Scheider (NV) 77, Vet- Gene Majers (UT) 98, Vet R-U- Bob McDonald (NV) 97, Vet 3rd- Gary Wehrkamp (NV) 96, Sr Vet- Billy Johnson (AZ) 97, Sr Vet R-U- Tony Desimone (AZ) 95, Sr Vet 3rd- Roland Zielinski (WA) 95, Jr- Dyllon Drake (NM) 98, Jr R-U- Logan Drake (NM) 86, Sub-Jr-Richard Cooper (CA) 96, Sub Jr R-U- James Pasley (NV) 73.

Evt 5- Sat, Nov 14, 100 Hdcp- Champion- Ray Gillespie (NV)(20) 93, Runner-Up- Devin Holden (AZ)(20) 92 (+24 s.o.), 3rd- Steve Gibson (NV)(22) 92 (+ 20 s.o.) Lady- Jennifer Martin (NV)(27) 86, Vet- George Runkle (CA)(27) 87, Sr Vet- Tony DeSimone (AZ)(22) 89, Jr- Dyllon Drake (NM)(24.5) 85, Sub-Jr- Richard Cooper (CA)(25) 81.

Evt 6- Sun, Nov 15, 100 Dbls- Champion- Bodie Johnson (WY) 97, AA- Jerry Parr (NV) 95, A- Sam Boatman (CA) 95, B- Pat Drake Jr (NM) 90, C- Rickey Campbell (NV) 87, D- Larry Miller (AZ) 75, Lady- Jennifer Martin (NV) 88, Vet- Tony Delfante (NV) 88, Sr Vet- Sam Johnson (NV) 91.

Evt 7- Sun, Nov 15, Hdcp- Champion- Jerry McKinlay (NV)(21.5) 96, Runner-Up- Jerry Parr (NV)(27) 94, 3rd- Frank Morton (CT)(23) 93 (+s.o.24), Lady- Estela Vaden (NV)(21.5) 82 (+ s.o. 22), Vet- Tony Delfante (NV)(26) 94, Sr Vet- Tony DeSimone (AZ)(22) 89, Jr- Logan Drake (NM)(19) 89, Sub-Jr- James Pasley (NV)(19) 74.

High-Over-All- Devin Holden (AZ) 555X600, won flip over Mark Johnson (IL)

Steve Carmichael

Las Vegas Gun Club

2. LV Trapshooting Park

VEGAS

Just wanted to add that Don Carlson from Liberty Hill, TX, fired at (and hit) the last A.T.A. registered target that will be thrown at this facility. This brings to an end over 60 years of registered shooting in Las Vegas.

Steve C

Las Vegas Gun Club (R.I.P.)

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

VEGAS

Steve,

I couldn't make your last shoot but wish you and the Family all the best in the future ... This is truly a sad day for trapshooting and trap shooters every where ... Please keep us all posted as to whats happening and where you end up in the future ... You did it right ... WPT ... (YAC) ... Bill Tiedje (AZ) ...

4. LV Trapshooting Park

VEGAS

Thanks, Bill, wish you could have made it. I'm rapidly becoming a short-timer here, and is beginning to feel a little odd. I first attended a competition here in February of 1967, and just hate to see an end come to the history this facility has provided. The old Sahara-Mint gun club in the 60s and 70s provided many memorable trapshooting events. Was certainly right in the middle of trapshooting's heyday. Progress is hard to understand at times.

Steve C

5. Stuart

Stuart Member

VEGAS

Steve, My wife and I only attended one of your Feb shoots. The only place I have ever been with wads on the 27 yard line. It took me only 15 minutes to see how they got there. You and yours have always been a class act. With those conditions you ran the best shoot in the country. I don't know of anyone that would have done it.
    Thanks
    Stu

6. bjc682

bjc682 Member

VEGAS

Steve,

I would like to thank you for the hospitality that you and your staff showed us for the final shoot last weekend in Las Vegas. It must be hard to leave a place with so much history and so much time that you invested over the last 20 years. For me, it was great to meet you and shake your hand. Good luck to you and your family on your next endeavor wherever that may be. Oh, and the weather. I was hoping for a little warmer Las Vegas (not 50's) and a little less wind (not 25-40), but it was better than the 10 inches of snow and cold that the front range of Colorado had while I was in Vegas.
    Again, GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU!!!

Bart Campbell
    Longmont, Colorado

7. plabels466

plabels466 Member

VEGAS

Steve - Hard to believe that another great gun club is closing its doors.....I do wish you the very best in whatever you decide to do next.....Please stay in touch with TS.COM to let all the great friends you have made over the years & on this site what you are doing.....If you ever visit Colorado again please give us a call, a great Italian dinner with some great wine awaits you.....Without a doubt you have done a lot for the great sport of trapshooting & I personally want to say thanks Steve.....Pete LaBella

8. LV Trapshooting Park

VEGAS

Up for the winnners..

9. LV Trapshooting Park

VEGAS

Thanks to all....

10. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

VEGAS

Steve,

You'll have to think of a new handle now for ts.com

Any ideas?

11. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

VEGAS

Also would like to mention that Bob Taylor stopped by to wish Steve and the family the best. Steve and Bob talked about the days at Bob Taylor's Gun Club and many memories. Also, many had their picture taken with Bob and Steve.

Bob Mc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

estela vaden nv