1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vegas 60 years gone

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by s.b., Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s.b.

s.b. TS Member

sad a lot of good peaple thanks to steve and all the good help good times Jest to say thank you

2. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

was there last week.
    a lot of good people and a great venue.
    sad to see it go.
    thanks to all in that club, staff, help, and shooters.
    dave

3. JRW

JRW Member

When ever I was out there Steve help with any questions or concerns I had. I have always enjoyed shooting thr LVGC. Very sorry to see it close. Jerry in MI.

4. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I was at the Fall Handicap and I felt Sad about never able to shoot there again. I'm sure Steve will land on his feet somewhere and I will gladly attend his shoots.

Ken Cerney

Wisconsin

5. Em_One

Em_One TS Member

I haven't been following TS.com much recently but I just saw this.. I went to the LVGC website and saw 20 DEC as "Last Day of Operation". So the LVGC is closing? Why??

I always wanted to make it a destination at some point..

Dave

6. shooter99

The City of Las Vegas ownes the property now and they won't renew thew lease. They say it is because the new Clark County Shooting Park is opening and there is no need for LVGC to stay.
    It sucks!!! It was always a great place to shoot. I been doing it for about 18 years.

Ken Cerney

Wisconsin

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

When do the registered shoots start at the CCSP, he asked, tongue-in-cheek? ".....no need for LVGC, baloney.

8. shooter99

There is no current schedule for ATA shoots (if ever) at CCSP. I was told that it would cost 200 to 300 more per night for league shooting. The place sounds like it is not very cost effective having the county run a club.

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Over 10 years ago there were advisory meetings held by members of the LVTP (LVGC) for the development of the Clark County facility. I attended some of those meetings and everyone knew this day would come. We will all miss the club, but that's done, and we should give the new facility a chance.

10. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

The county is looking at possibly having the C O (Certificate of Occupancy) by end of November and if all goes well start throwing targets later end of Dec.
    There are a couple non-profit organizations looking at the numbers in reference to having league shooting. Let the complex get up and operating and I am sure there will be some fine tuning down the road regards to ATA targets etc.

11. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sad to see this close. There are so many memorable gun clubs closing. I remember with fondness shooting at the LVGC and the great way Steve ran the club. Sold shooting coats and accessories there in the early days.

The funniest thing I remember there was the first time I shot at the black targets. Was at the practice trap and missed every last one of the 25 I shot at. When I was finished, little old gentleman watching behind me came up and said to me "you're looking for the orange streak and it ain't there"!!

Whoops!

Janet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.