1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

vault door

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by BeerKing, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Need access to a source to purchase a vault/safe door to utilize in new construction of a vault

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Browning sells them. Click the link

-Gary

3. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

0   0   0

Check eBay, several new and used for sale. If you are near Wichita KS the Central Key and Safe Co. has a nice used one for sale.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

A friend has one in his basement. He was there when they tore down the bank building. The walls are poured and full of rebar and the ceiling is spancrete.

Ventilation is not great, he could use a little more than the 2 small grates up in the corner.

The door is open all the time, anyway unless he is gone for more than a day.

He also scored a couple of the Remington store displays with the guns in a semicircle and the big logo sign.

I have not seen the Browning one but I am sure it is adequate.

HM

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

There is a used vault guy in my area (northern MN) that deals with used bank safes and vaults. I purchased mine for $600, had it repainted and added a digital pad...$1400 total. This is a ful size 36" wide door and weighs about 1000lbs. It rate for fire at 2hrs and 1200 degrees.

As of about 9 months ago, he had another he was asking $2000 for it. He said it was in mint condition.

I'm not at the shop this weekend but shoot me an email and I'll pass along the info.

Doug

6. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

We built in a vault when we built our new home......vault door weighed around 1100 pounds & was very difficult to get moved & set in the opening.....plan on special equipment & extra man power to set it. 1100 flat pounds without handles is tough to maneuver!

7. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

0   0   0

Beerking,
    Try, Safeman345@aol.com here in NW Ohio, Bowling Green, I don't own one of his safes, but have seen two of them, are more than adequate, will custom make any size you want, or I would think sell you a framed vault door.
    Dave Butzier

8. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

likemybrownings will do

9. whitehouse

whitehouse TS Member

0   0   0

I have a Fort Knox vault door that I installed in my vault when I built my house, I also build homes for a living and have installed them several times. I love my door, is very well made. It weighs about 1500 lbs. We always use 4" PVC pipe and roll them in to place and have several guys to help you stand it, It usually takes about 15-30 minutes to install, actually is easier them most people think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

vault door forum