1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Varmit Rifle for sale ...maybe

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by omgb, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I have a 22-250 Remington 700VS (Varmit, synthetic). The scope and mounts are Leupold. The scope is a 6.5 x 20 Vari-X III. The rifle has been accurized by Hill Country Rifles in Texas. The rifle , bought new is about an $800 gun, maybe a smidgen more and the scope is close to the same money. The scope has target reticle and micro adjustment knobs, which is in addition to the basic scope price. I also have RCBS dies which were sent to the RCBS factory with fired cases from the gun and turned to fit that particular chamber. It also has a locking hard case... not an el cheapo.

I'm looking to either sell it or if the right price doesn't materialize, keep it. Anyone interested? I have a price in mind, but I'd like to see what the market will bear.

2. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

As for the Scope half for used glass . You got a $850.00 gun

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Half of new for glass is about all you can expect.

With all the work and special stuff you describe I would be afraid of a high round count and plenty of throat erosion. This is not meant to denigrate, just a reality check.

You didn't spend that money for a safe queen.

HM

5. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Well, the truth is, it is a safe queen. I've put maybe 200 rounds through her and that's it. I'm just no likely to get to Montana to shoot gophers for a couple of years.

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Break in and load is also a key to the throat erosion issue. Send some pictures of the groups it still shoots at 100 yds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.