1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Varmint rifle

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mr.C, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.C

Mr.C TS Member

Looking for a varmint rifle.$500-700 range

2. 1-straight

1-straight TS Member

Hey "c" you should look at all of the classified's here!! Lots of rifles - kinda like ts.com with trap guns!!

Regards

1-Straight

3. incognito

incognito TS Member

According to the antis, those sorts of "weapons" are now called "sniper rifles." They are defined as any rifle with an optical sight accurate beyond 100 meters.

Gentlemen, we are losing the war of semantics with the antis, but most gun owners either don't care or don't get it.

4. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

mr.c
    Leave a email address and I will get back to you.

5. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

Drop me an email and we can talk about a 22-250 tack driver---Norbert

6. xtand 99

xtand 99 TS Member

I have a listing on this forum with some options----It is under
    O/T 22-250 tack driver Thanks Norbert

7. antique

antique TS Member

gentlem the 220 swift is a better round will beat the 22-250 and just as auctrate with 55 gr.nosler B.Tip and R15 powder.it will do 3710 fps. Jim

8. Mr.C

Mr.C TS Member

Farmerd here is my e-mail,it's on my post

9. Mr.C

Mr.C TS Member

Farmerd here is my e-mail,it's on my post

10. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

At this point in time I would pick up a SAVAGE right out of the box put a decent scope on it feel like any Varmin in sight was going to splat!

Reminton's out of the box aren't bad either but a lot closer to your upper range money wise!

The guy's that I feel safe hunting around that reload for their swifts, are actually loading down to my 22-250 reloads, they say if they had to do it again they would get 22-250s put since they are all father son duos and the first one got the swift the other one followed so as not to have two types of ammo while out shooting!

They also gave me a real nice 300 win mag load based on the 150 grain bullet!

Al

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Savages are real sleepers in the gun world. Their quality and accuracy out of the box keeps inproving, while other makers get sloppy. You get more bang for the buck with the Savage. The new Accu-Trigger is pretty nice as well. If you're not into aftermartket triggers, that's something to think about. My kid has been saving up for one.<br>
    <br>
    "There is no pressing need for optics that allow shooters to make sniper shots from over one hundred meters." - Posted by Brady Campaign on Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 2:11 PM

12. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

the best rifle for the money i found was the remington XR100 thumbhole stock. it is basely a 40x custom rifle at half the price. i purchased one in 22-250 caliber and rebarreled it to 243. with hornaday factory 58 grain bullets i shoot allmost the same whole groups at 100 yards. it also has a 40x adjustable trigger.

13. atashooter

atashooter Member

Savage 12FV costs 539.00 ... Comes in a variety of calibers. W/O optics.

14. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Farmer D,,,,he is a poor resident of New York City,,,,,,can not even bring a friends long gun home for over 24 hrs,,,without city long gun permit,,,,If you did not P*** him off you mite have had a sale when the paper work was done

15. Mr.C

Mr.C TS Member

To all who responded.Thank you for your opinions and offers.Unfortuneately,I live in New York City,and I'm awaiting my permit.I don't live where you can get a gun with a drivers license.I was hoping to find someone who would hold a gun for me locally until permit comes.No luck so far.If I offended or inconvnienced anyone,I apologize.To Farmer D,no I'm not a lookie lou,I'm honest and sincere.

16. gridlock

gridlock Member

mr.c ,Lets face it,FarmerD is One Big A$$hole who does'nt have the brains he was born with. He has been hanging around in the sheep pen to long.It,s people like him that ruin a good site.

17. MBMurf

MBMurf TS Member

For my new varmint getter I went custom with Lilja SS Bbl, Rem 700 short action, composit stock, action glassed and Bbl floated. Cal. is .22-243 Middlestead. Any .22-243 shooters out there? 60 to 70 GR. bullets shoot well. I'm hoping for a Montana or Idaho Wolf tag when they come in a year or so. Murf

18. MBMurf

MBMurf TS Member

Just for the ones you want to bring home for the wall! Sorry I didn't clarify.

19. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

BIG AZ AL, You are right on the swift.
    I have had a swift since 1961,and I do load down.
    Even though the barrel is stainless.

Bo

20. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Up for the liar Gridlock. FD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.