1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Varmint Rifle FS Remington 700 Custom 17 Mach 4

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by superxjeff, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Varmint Rifle FS Remington 700 Custom 17 Remington fireball

This is a Remington 700 BDL Varmint gun with a Shilen Match grade barrel. The barrel was like 350.00 before it was chambered. It has had the trigger done and it is awsome! The trigger is very light maybe 1 1/2 pounds. The gun is more accurate then most people are capable of holding it. Just shoot's in a ragged hole. 800.00 Firm and the gun is in excellent shape. It hasn't been shot but 200 rounds or so. The guy who built it likes to build them up. He then gets bored , sells them and builds another. This is a studhorse deal and I will buy it back if you don't like it. I am selling for a friend and I do not have pictures. Just picture a 700 BDL with a 24 inch Stainless Shilen barrel. If you don't like it just send it back. sx1jeff@yahoo.com Freight and insurance Via Priority mail is included in the price. This gun shoots 20's at over 4000 FPS, 25's at 3700 FPS and 30's at 3500 FPS plus. This is the round called the .17 remington Fireball as brass used to be made by necking down the .221 fireball case to 17. So what you have is a 221 fireball necked down to 17. I have many test targets for this gun as well as the exact measurments of the diffrent handloads as well as the exact lengths to seat the bullets to place them right on the rifiling. Brass can be purchased for it and does not have to be made. POST EDITED TO HELP CLEAR UP CONFUSION ON MY PART!

2. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Be hard to neck "up" a 221 rem to 17 cal! I don't think that you should shoot the new 17 rem fire ball in a mach IV chamber without some serious measurements being made with regard to head space and neck dimensions. Good luck to the new owner it sounds like a nice rifle.

--
    Grayson Mayne

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

neck up neck down? What am a I a rife guy? I may have the name wrong as far as 17 Mach4 or 17 mach 5. What I know for sure is that the match chamber was cut for a 17 remington Fireball and that you CAN make brass by necking down the .221 fireballl cases if you want to. I always get the up or down part wrong.Jeff

4. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

Can i see a pic of the rifle? Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.