1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vandalia, Sparta and Scott's BIG SHOW

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mette56, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Camdenton, MO
    I've attended the Grand since the mid 1970's and have seen most of the exhibition shooters perform over the years. Scott Robertson, Beretta exhibition shooter, was the most entertaining yet IMO. It was 6:30 CTC evening and getting twilight. Light north wind, clear skies and the bleachers were full. Scott had the crowd in stitches most of the show. He involved several youngsters picked out of the crowd and one broke all thrown to him. The crowd went wild!!! How about that 25 straight skeet in one minute from the hip...then 25 straight riding a bicycle....from the hip. A bicycle with handlebars at that. I thought the cell phone call from his wife was hilarious.

We left Scott's show after getting his autograph and had a super steak in the 7th Street Bar inside the WSRC main building. What a perfect day. My companion, a new shooter that I have dragged into the sport, broke his first 25 and the last 49 in the CTC. On the way home he said, "I can tell my grad kids I shot in the World Championship!"

Thank you Neil.

Thank you Sparta.

Thank you IDNR.

Thank you ATA.

Thank you Grand volunteers.

Thank you many friends!

The only thing that wasn't great about this year's Grand American was that many of you could not make it.

By the way, for those of you (me included) with a whole left in your heart over the loss of "VANDALIA", Scott's show, and the shootoffs with all the lights, bleachers, trapshooters, sportswriters, ATA officials, hustle, bussle....not to mention the Budweiser tent felt like Vandalia on a fun August night under the lights, way back when.

My friends, if you can go next year.....go for a new world of memories. I hope you'll feel Vandalia there at WSRC, I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.