1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Vandalia photo for those who never went

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

This kind of puts into perspective just how long the Grand trap line is. Guess I am bored today, winter storm here. Maybe some of you who have never been there will enjoy this photo.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

And this was the last shot at Vandalia 2005 by Ed

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Actually, Ed didn't fire the last shot at Vandalia...that honor went to shootoff participants that day. But he paid big bucks for this, so let's humor him a little.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Didn't Ed actually fire the last registered bird at Vandalia? I don't think shootoff targets count as registered birds....

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

The post said "last shot."

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Ed knows what he paid for. He supports our sport by shooting ATA often, by fixing the cracked wood on our guns, and through donations (like the one mentioned above). He is also a lot of fun to hang around.

On the flip side, there is Buzzy...

7. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

That Trap Machine Mechanic leaning on his cart there is Kit ( top pic ),I believe he is a reservest in the U.S. Marines . I did see hin at the Cardinal Center last year at state shoot for a party at John and Jeanies trailer . He's a good guy and a good friend . Jeff

8. FLIP

FLIP Member

WHAT SIDE !! watch your language

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Aaahh, memories...2005 The Year in Photos...wasn't there some 48 year-old chick on here posting her ultrasound pics, or something like that?

10. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Hey! That's a "ham" plate on the car in the photo. DE: W3CAR mike

Also, that sign proclaiming the longest trap line in the world may have a rival, just North of Columbus, in a few short years, the way Mr. Fishburn is going.

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Anybody have a photo of the tailgate on "Bob C's" pickup truck?

It used say in really large letters, "Bob C Says **** Californians!" Think the plates were Wyoming or Montana or some place like that.

12. overbored

overbored Member

Hey Buzz, do you ever have anything good to say. You should seriously think about changing your name to Buzz-kill.

13. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Wait.....is that SHADE???

14. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

cig,

Thanks for the memories. I'm not sure that Jimette or I wish to tune into Vandalia memories much more in the future. Tomorrow is the 10th anniversery of my dad's passing and I honestly don't know which is harder on us. Reflecting on the loss of my dad, or reflecting on the loss of a hallowed place and time that will never again exist, Vandalia. The picture of shooters under the trees begging shade from the Ohio heat and the atmosphere of a national event that hosted the greatest of our sport for many, many decades...

Oh well, guess we're a little too emotional about such things. Only those who attended for some years will understand. For those who "never went", it
    was really something, and can never be replaced!

Jimette and milt Palasota

15. BD Trapshooter

BD Trapshooter Member

Maybe more of you could post some more pics of the Grand at Vandalia. I am so glad I took the time and money to go in 1992, because I never made it back! I will go to Sparta some day so I can say I was there as well. Vandalia holds so many memories, why not share some of the photos I know all of must have.

Thanks in advance for the memories,

Dan McDermott

16. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Well I am one of the blessed ones. I got to go for 6 years. My son won an event and got to shoot off at 11:30 p.m one year. I met alot of great people. I was told thats why it was called "The Grand". Don

17. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

Here you go Dan.

Shoot well,

Jim

18. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

How many fields were at vandalia? I have visited Forrest city in Savannah Ga and was impressed at the size of it. I think it was 52 fields, some overlaid for skeet plus a large sporting clay range. Jackie B.

19. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Vandalia closed with 100 fields, NO skeet. I had the privilege of attending from 1981 to the end and loved every minute.

20. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

buzz gun, you either have the age or the year wrong on that. I think your brain is turning to mush.

Although, according to some who have read your books, your brain was always that way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.