1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Vandalia March 28, 2012

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brad Dysinger, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Dave Berlet, Dennis Filo and I went to Vandalia to the HOF and spent some time talking with the girls in the ATA office about things. Here are some pictures I took. Brad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

A Quiet day at Vandalia sure beats a loud hot day at the core of hell Sparta, Thanks Brad for the pics. When you head into Maryland next, let me know and we need talk about the Ol Thurmont days.

Dave Shaeffer Jr.
    90-01762

3. APrice

APrice Active Member

That's sad!

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

NEXT! OLD BASEBALL STADIUMS and TRAIN STATIONS COMING SOON!

5. Ed Y

Ed Y Active Member

Sad to see. I'd rather remember it the way it was. Question to you. Did you really want to remove you're picture from the HoF and did you?

Ed Yanchok

6. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Ed, No way I just did it for fun, I've been busting Kenny Ray about soon being in a Homeless HOF and I could put my picture up in my hunting preserve club house so someone could see it. Brad

7. clayman51

clayman51 TS Member

Brad,Ed,

Looking at the pictures brought back memories, Thanks for posting Brad.

I had to dig out the tape that I made of your squad shooting the last shots at Vandalia and watch it.

Hope your doing well Ed.

Dennis Menning
    Life member 7904500

8. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Member

The last "GRAND" at Vandalia was the 30th Grand American for my wife and I.

Someday we may make it to Sparta but I doubt it.

Thanks for the pictures.

Ron Burdick

9. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Brad,

We were there in October to visit with Tami and Trustee Lynn Parsons. Unfortunatly, Kenny Ray couldn't be there with us but I called him, and asked a million questions as I toured the facility with my wife. We had a wonderful tour with Tami showing my wife all the beautiful Jewelry the women won in the past, and I got the Curators tour, albeit long distance. I recommend to anyone who would like to see the old Hall of Fame Museum to go soon. A memorable place that will soon be gone into storage.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures Brad, and thanks to the THOF for all their hard work to keep the memories alive.

Dave in SC

PS: I would be remiss if I didn't say a "Special" thanks to Tami Daniel, who keeps the day to day operations out there running so smoothly

10. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Dave we had a wonderfull visit with Tami plus I talked to Kenny Ray on the phone about my HOF picture and a lot of other stuff, so did Dave.. I took a lot more pictures than the ones I posted, Tami is camera shy so I promissed no picture of her on here(I do have them). Brad

11. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Brad, has any thought been given to selling the bricks form the old hall of fame, or possibly having your name put on one and installed somewhere at Sparta? A good way to add extra money to the ATA. Bernie

12. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

I don't think any thoughts have been given to anything, I'd like one of them for myself. Brad

13. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Member

It was a great visit. To anyone that was ever fortunate enough to have competed in a Vandalia Grand you should try to get there again before the hof is gone. Look around both inside and out and let your memory bring back some of the great times that we had.

Dave

14. riggs

riggs Member

Went to visit the HOF last summer on my way back fron N.Y. Took lots of
    pictures. shot a lot of targets and drank a lot of beer, and those pork chops
    what memories??? I have some videos that I took years ago need to put them on
    a DVD someday

what great times

15. DanLee

DanLee Member

I've never been to the Grand. Heck, I don't even shoot ATA. But is the Vandalia facility completely closed to shooting?

16. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Is the HOF at a dead end?

17. clayman51

clayman51 TS Member

Danlee,

Yes the shooting facility is no longer in operation. It closed after the 2005 Grand American shoot.All that remains is the Headquarters building where the main office is, but soon to be moved to Sparta Illinois and where the Hall of Fame is currently in place.The Hall of Fame will be closed and the items will soon be put in storage until a new location is decided.

Dennis

18. clayman51

clayman51 TS Member

Just my own opinion on the Hall of Fame. I believe a location at the Cardinal Center and also at Sparta would be a good idea. I think this would go a long way in drawing the shooters across the country back together.

Dennis

19. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Ahh, The haloed grounds,

Makes me really regret that I did not take up trap shooting years ago. How I wish that I would of had a chance to shoot at Vandalia. There is a shooter at the Kenmore Washington gun club that has told me stories of shooting at Vandalia. I most certainly missed a great place to shoot. Some day I would like to make it to the Cardinal center for a shoot. Really have no desire to shoot at Sparta. But there are others that I have on my bucket list of places to shoot at.

Jim Bradbury

20. grunt

grunt Active Member

Thanks for the photos Brad. Its sad to see the old grounds this way. Had alot of fun shooting there. The brick thing is a good idea. Dave Bishop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.