1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value VS. Money

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by toad67, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toad67

toad67 Member

Looking for opinions. If I was to put a gracoil or similiar type of recoil management system on an XT would it increase/decrease the value of the gun? Would I regain the cost if I were to sell it? Or would I be better off to just buy a new gold with the factory recoil reduction system on it? Thanks

Todd

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Todd: That is a difficult question to answer. If you find a shooter that is looking for an XT with a reducer on it; you have an interested buyer. Of course there are many out there who do not want a reducer or want a different type of reducer. Therefore no real interest from these people. I find it very hard to believe that you will regain the cost of the reducer if you sell it. Again, if you find someone who is looking for a setup like that; you might regain "some" of the cost. That being said I would find the best deal I could on the XT. Then you might consider having a reliable stock man install a reducer and possibly an adjustable comb if the gun doesn't have one. (Ask the people who advertise here) Good Luck. Ed

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

When I see a gun I,m interested in and then see it has a recoil thing on the stock I,m done .

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If you add your cost of after market "improvements" into your selling price, you'll have a very limited market.

This is not only something you want, it's something you need, so consider it an expense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.