1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value Of Tube Set???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bryce720, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

What is the value of a Briley 28" tube set for a Browning worth 20,28, 410. The tube set comes in a americase for a 30" overunder and tubes all in fantastic condition. Thanks in advance, I know it a trap forum but I am sure someone will have an idea.

Bryce

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Fitted or companion?

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

For older Browning, or newer overbored Invector Plus barrels? Screw in chokes or fixed skeet chokes on the tubes? New cost of tubes is around $1500 plus the cost of the case. I'm thinking the package might be worth $800-$1000 to the right buyer. I hope Don doesn't read this, it's not about trapshooting! Mark

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

As noted, it makes a difference if these tubes are the fitted variety, fitted to a specific, individual barrel, or they are the more universal fit Companion tubes. If they are the fitted type, they would be worthless if they don't fit the new barrel and you can't find anyone to refit them. If your intent is to use them in a Browning, and somehow get them to fit, there is still the issue of the trigger not resetting for the second shot of .410 unless the triggers have been modified. (The new 725 model has mechanical triggers, so this is not an issue.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.