1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of Remington .243

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dt2.0, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dt2.0

dt2.0 TS Member

Might be a vague/stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. I have a rifle that I would like to sell. It is a Remington Winchester .243 700 Model. I got this rifle when I was in high school (late 80's)and have only hunted with it a few times since. It has always been kept in the hard case that I have for it and doesn't have a single scratch. It has no visible rust and the bolt slides easily. It also has a Simmons scope, nice leather strap, etc. Anyway, I have absolutely no idea what this rifle is worth. I would appreciate any help that anyone could give me. Thanks in advance.

2. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

What grade is it? ADL-BDL? What mounts does it have and to be brutally frank an 80's Simmons scope is not worth much. It is a great little cartridge though and the 700 Remington is a fine strong gun.
    Dan

3. dt2.0

dt2.0 TS Member

How do I figure out what grade it is and what mounts it has? Thanks so much for the help. Haha. Didn't figure the scope was worth too much.

4. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Well-Known Member

If it has a black plate on the bottom of the rifle just in front of the trigger that you can pop open to dump the shells out it is a BDL. The front of the BDL stocks had a black tip on it. I just checked the Remington Arms web-site and the MSRP on a 700 BDL 243 is now $877 and the newer cheaper version is a SPS and it is $604 MSRP.

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

If it's the BDL with the standard sporter weight barrel, I take a rough guess at about $475 to $500.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.