1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of Rem 3200 and Super x 1 ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigM-Perazzi, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It's the late Bob Baumgart, bubbaw...

The Super x1, I'd guess, with provenance, it's worth $900+ with full upgrades..
    Look for RJB stamped on the trigger housing...

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

1000 for the 3200

600 for the superx

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

The 3200 runs between $1200.00 to $1500 and I've seen then go for more. Sometime the choke tubes decrease the value as they are not stock and with the thin barrel it may cause failure. The grade of the 3200 adds to value as does the wood. Plain wood is straight grain and not as worth as much as nice figured wood.(like in all guns)

I own three 3200's. One a Trap model nice wood 30" I/M F. #2 is a como set 30" O/U "I/M & F" bottom barrel Pro-ported. A 32" top single Stan Baker .780 bore with briley tubes. #3 Comp model with GREAT wood 32" O/U "I/M & F" and a Stan Baker 34" .740 unsingle adjustable rib with Baker tubes.

The guns are great to shoot. If they fit they will grind them up.

Ken Cerney
    Wisconsin

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I think the 3200 is worth a strong $1500 even in todays market because it is 32"

The Super X I guess at $900 -$1000

Both guns are desireable and in todays market thats important. The tubes hurt the 3200 a little but the 32" more than makes up for it

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Good price? A good price would be 900 to 1000. It would cost you 2,000 or more to put it togather. I have what I believe is one of the very last guns that Bob upgraded and plated. I wouldn't sell the action for 1000.00 and that is what Bob sold them for. Really nice sets of factory Montecarlo wood are over 1,000 dollars from Nu-line and they sell plenty.

full upgrades.. Look for RJB stamped on the trigger housing.

Lots of guns that Bob upgraded don't have RJB stamped on the trigger housing since many of the guns he upgraded already had stage three triggers in them. I have two triggers that Bob Super tuned for me and he didn't stamp anything on them. I believe Bob only stamped triggers that he did an upgrade on. Jeff

6. BigM-Perazzi

Good point Jeff. I keep the receipts for Bobs work on the guns....

Jim

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Good thinking Jim! Tom Sietz did more barrel work after his death then when he was living! Jeff

8. sx1

sx1 Member

I have a number of Bob's guns. All my triggers are stamped. They were stage 3 and just had the pull weight adjusted.

Norm

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Norm I have at leats two that Bob tuned for me and he didn't stamp them. Did you have them done a long time ago or just before his death. Jeff

10. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

My number one Super-X barrel that was done by the late, great, Tom Seitz for me around mid 1983 was not stamped by him, what a shame.

Tom Strunk

11. BigM-Perazzi

I also have an early serial # X1 bought from Bob without any markings, but, the plated one is stamped, but, he did convert that one from stage 1 blue, to the stage 3 gold trigger...

12. sx1

sx1 Member

Jeff,

The ones I have were done early in Bob's Super X work. Bob and I were good friends and we would shoot together frequently. We would trade ideas on upgrades and how too's from time to time.

Norm

13. chuckles

chuckles Member

Norm, where did all of Bob's Super X stuff go when he passed away...???

I know the family shut the website down some time ago.

Didn't he have a son in his early twenties...?

Chuck

14. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

I recently bought a Super X1 from Jaquas with a 5 digit serial number . It was one of many that Jaquas has had for sale recently with upgraded Wenig wood ( uncheckered ). The wood on my is spectacular feathered walnut. Jaquas said the guns were received from a gunsmith and they had sold dozens of them for him. It appears to be unfired and has a gold trigger and gold plated trigger housing pin. Does anyone know the story behind these guns. How can I tell if it is a Bob upgraded trigger ?
    [​IMG]

15. Gramps

Gramps Member

Is anyone interested in buying a completely redone receiver by Bob Baumgart? Includes bolt and trigger. The trigger was converted to a stage 3 with gold trigger and yes it is stamped by Bob.

16. sx1

sx1 Member

Chuckles,

Check your PM.

Norm

17. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

What was the first year of production for the Super X1 ?

18. chuckles

chuckles Member

Shotgunner, go to above website for info on SXM1, it might be helpful for you.

regards

19. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Thanks Chuckles it was very interesting. I assume the Stage 1 trigger is less desirable .....why is that so ?

20. BigM-Perazzi

Shotgunner, it depends on who you talk too. The stage 1 was a bit more complicated and had a serrated trigger. The stage 3 had an unserrated trigger.

Each worked fine for most...

Addendum

Chuckles has graciously provided a website that explains in pictures what your asking..

Super X1's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.