1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

value of pistol

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nogunracks, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nogunracks

nogunracks TS Member

i am considering buying a ruger single action in 45 long colt it is used but in very nice shape wasent shot much has white grips and the original case and book need to know what is it worth know nothing about values of handguns

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Depends on whether or not it is the old three screw model or the newer type.

3. nogunracks

nogunracks TS Member

I am certain it is the newer type

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

nogunracks, I will look up your gun in my 27th edition book, but I need to know the finish,model # barrel lenth, and any other info you can give. There are about 3 pages of models and types all around the 450 price range at 100 % but some are much less and some are much more. Need more info. Break-em all. Jeff

5. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

white grips? Original? Probably a Vaquero. Fixed or adjustable sights?

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

white grips? Original? Probably a Vaquero. Fixed or adjustable sights?

7. 8 1/2 shot

8 1/2 shot TS Member

I bought 2 of them new about 4 years ago for 350 each. My brother got one I the other. Vaquero Bisley 4 1/2 I think, very clubby and cumbersome. I sold mine just wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. I would say if thats what it is not much over 300.

8. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what Jeff said.......start with the Blue Book Of Gun Values[CURRENT EDITION].

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Go to gunbroker.com ,go to the smart search. Look under completed auctions. You will see what they are actually selling for not what someone feels they are worth. Mike.. PS be sure to type in your gun description.

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

If it is the Vaquero model. The book has it at $475@100%-$330@98%-$265@95% plus add $40 for ivory grips. and Add $150 for Simulated ivory grips and engraved cylinger. No real difference in price for stainless or the new model new in 2005 or in the Bisley type model. All three are made in the 45 Long Colt you mention above. Hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.