1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

value of model 12

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmOU, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I was given a 16 gauge model 12. It has a 26" modified barrel with no rib. I would say the gun is in fair condition, it was kept in a closet for years with no care and has some blueing wear and badly needs a new recoil bad, the old one is rotting away. I don't want to sell the gun, I just want to know the value. Also, It says nickel steel on the barrel but the barrel is blued, what does this mean?

2. guncase

guncase TS Member

It means that someone thought enough of you to pass on an old friend to you! Don't question the monetary value of the gift! Not worth enough to put in the bank.

Clean it, inside and out, and shoot it once in a while. Give it to someone you respect when you are through with it. You might still find an original pad for it if you search enough,, maybe a used one around some gun shop. Paul

3. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Any Idea what the "nickel steel" writing on the barrel means? Was it nickel plated at one time?

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

nickel steel means that the metal in the barrel contains nickel alloy it will rust but not as fast as the receiver it also takes a special blueing process gun is worth around 300 or so depends on who wants it rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.