1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

value of model 12 ducks unlimited

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by motordoctor, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

gun looks really really good. 30 inch full choke. has the duckbill rib. all looks proper. stock a little low. what is it worth???? made about 1974. anyhelp is appreciated motordoc

2. motordoctor

3. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

Motordoctor,

Looks like everyone's scared to say.

I personally have only seen 2 advertised and both of those were around $1,500.

I don't think either brought that though.

Depending on the wood figure and condition, I would compare it's value to that of a Y-trap gun.

Good Luck and post up some pictures it might help get some authorities off the side lines.

Will Gurton

4. motordoctor

don't have pictures. it is at a shop near home. I looked at it. Really nice. Says in the blue book made around 1973. serial number is DU something. only listed one year but no price.It was a "dinner gun" I guess made for a raffle or give away at the DU dinner. Has the regular duck bill trap rib with the off set proof marks and the stock is not quite a trap or field stock. in between. I wanted to buy it but not sure what it is worth. might have to put a new stock --higher-- but the one on there is nice figure and has a recoil pad. would make a great "Y" trap gun. a little help here on the value. motordoc

5. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

Amen to that Pat.

What are they asking?

Will

6. motordoctor

i thing about 1300.00

7. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Best thing to do is donate it back to the biggest money DU dinner you know of to be auctioned off there. Then, write off the donation. Jake

8. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Often they bring less

Gene

9. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

This was a dinner gun in 1975/ one of 800
    I disagree/ generally if dinner guns are 90 to 95 %/ They fetch a premium.Especially if complete.I do agree that if used / reduces value.Very close to my post/Computer desk stands a rack of dinner guns. Starting in 1982.
    Those earlier guns/ smaller numbers. DU dinners started in Ontario,Canada in early 80's.I might of attended one or two dinners without buying a gun. My first gun was a Rem. 870/3", I think it is Mississippi Flyway. To lazy to open cabinet and check.

Joe Woods/Ontario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.