1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of K-32 Trap with 32" Vandalia Rib?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SeldomShoots, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Hello, I am looking for the value of a Standard Krieghoff K-32 Trap with 32" Vandalia rib over/under barrels IM/LF. No modifications and the barrels haven't been ported or thinwalled. In general the wood and blueing look real good. The wood actually has some nice grain to it that isn't covered up by that red stain they typically have on them. I've checked the Bluebook (28th Ed.) and it gives the values for K-32, but mentions nothing about a Vandalia rib. Just curious, is there any added value for a Vandalia rib, and if so, how much?

John E.

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Value of K-32 Trap with 32

What does the bluebook say for value without the Vandalia rib?

3. bigmike

bigmike TS Member

The 30th edition doesnt say anything about the rib except for low,high, or sporting.regards,bigmike

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

what is the serial number? post pictures?

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

One of my greatest regrets was selling a Mod 32 Allem Vandalia Special...oh well

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I think the "high" rib referred to would be the Vandalia rib - there was no factory "high" rib as we think of them today.

Vandalia ribs are something that's tricky to place a value on. At one time, it seemed like they might not be worth as much as flat rib because if a K-80 unsingle barrel was added to the Model 32, its flat rib would not match up with a Vandalia ribbed O/U as the Vandalia rib was never offered on K-80s. But today, a lot of people have realized how nice the Vandalia rib was and I've seen some Model 32s with them fetch respectable sums of money.

Ed

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I agree with Ed in general- Vandalia ribbed barrels do command a premium now as compared to K32 flat ribbed barresl

The 30 inch o/u and 32 inch o/u are approaching K80 barrels in value

I had a 34 inch top single with briley eccentric choke tubes that I shot very well and why I traded it I have no idea.

However to give you an idea of value- pictures and a serial number would be needed.

Also its only the barrel we are talking about that might add to the value of the basic frame

Gene

8. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Thanks for checking that for me Bill, you must be part bloodhound or was watching it too. I plan on shooting it, but if it doesn't fit or I decide to break it up, I will PM you on the barrels.

Ed, GN, and Calvin and thanks for the advice, I PM ed you 3. Mike, thanks for checking the 30th edition for me.

John E.

9. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Two years ago I acquired one in trade and figured I vested $1800.00 in it. Sold ita year ago last fall for 2500.00.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.