1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

VALUE OF ITHACA S-S

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bvr Tail, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I need an approximate value of an old Ithaca S-S 16 gauge shotgun. No model numbers to go by, but the serial is in the 500,000 range, if I read it right.

All metal is excellent, wood has been re-done and is fair. Internal hammers. Double triggers.

Don't know the chokes, but has cocking indicators on top of receiver.

This is a solid old gun, and am trying to find a value for a friend.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Danny B

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Hmmm, based on the serial number it's probably a fairly early NID (New Ithaca Double) from the late 1920s. Value is all about condition, what grade gun it is, and how far it is from original. Is there an "F" on it for Field grade? Do serial numbers match? Barrel and stock length appear original? Butt plate/pad original?

I love the old Ithaca doubles, but most were just honest, good quality working man's guns, and usually aren't the most valuable things. I've bought/sold a few field grade ones for between $225 & $650.

-Gary

3. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Cocking indicators would mean that you have an NID Ithaca made between 1926 and 1935--when they eliminated the cocking indicators. The serial number will be between 425000 and 455000 or so. Value range is $200 to $1000 depending on condition and extras. In average shape--about a $4-500 gun.

4. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Thank you for the feedback.

5. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ed--send me pix and info including serial numbers. I'm interested!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.