1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of Ithaca 37t 20 gauge

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by eightbore, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Where was this show and what was the name of the seller? What was the serial number?

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

still only a $400 gun

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

I didn't know they made one of these in 20ga, but if a trap model exists, I bet it would be a neat curiosity.

Many nice days spent in the field with a 20ga 37 when I was in school. That nice day got a little hiccup when I pulled the trigger, because at 5.5 lbs, it kicked the fillings out of my teeth. But a neat gun anyway. That little orange Raybar sight was the look of death.

4. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've owned 37T's in 12--16 and 20 ga. They are great little guns. In 20 ga. an unaltered exc. example would be worth $650-$800 depending on wood figure and how bad you wanted it!

5. shootnair

shootnair Member

Boomer I believe to be closer to correct on the value.

6. alwayslearnin

alwayslearnin Member

There are many factors that determine Model 37T values. Pre-war or not is probably the biggest. Was the game scene hand chased is another big determination. Being all original and condition like any gun matter as well. Buying a mint condition field grade M37 for $400 isn't a bad price. The target grades are worth much more. There is a decent market for the higher end Ithaca M37 and a lot of us collectors are out there. I recommend Walt Synders book "Ithaca Featherlight Repeaters...The Best Gun Going" for anyone looking to learn a bunch about them.

7. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Need pictures of the 20 and the 16. I hope you have contact information on the owner of the 20T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ithaca 37t value