1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of IAB Marcheno

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kfen, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfen

kfen Member

Could someone tell me the value of an IAB Marcheno [made in Italy}I am helping coach a Local trap team and I have a single mom trying to buy this gun for her son to shoot. They are wanting $800 I have never heard of this brand but this seams a bit too exspensive. I search the internent a could not find very much about this brand. The gun is a single shoot breakopen. I will try and post a picture a later.
    kfen_2011_2905.jpg

kfen_2011_29051.jpg

2. kfen

kfen Member

3. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Finding parts for a IAB can be a problem. The gun is probably
    worth about $650.00 You would be better off finding a clean
    BT-99 or 1100. IAB's have not been imported into the US for
    over 20 years.

4. Hotrod67

Hotrod67 Member

I shoot a IAB unsingle and just love it, infact I just bought one from Mike Mann who owns White Creek Gun Stock Blanks on this site and picking it up from my FFL guy tomorrow. Mr Mann is a walking encyclopedia on these guns and is absolutely a pleasure to talk with. These are no longer made and are a work horse. The gun values book doesn't even list them, only says its worth what a person is willing to pay. I payed $800 for my combo set back in the mid 1980s. I belive i payed to much BUT I dont regreat it. Hope this helps.Mike and I love these guns. Give him a shout I'm sure he will help you. He's helped me A LOT!!!. Dan.

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

If the gun has a polished finish on it, the quality is better. If it has a matt finish they were the last ones brought into the States and were not very well done. They shoot very flat.

I have had four sets of these guns and I like them, but that being said I would not put a new shooter in one. Parts are hard to find. Yes, I know Mike has some parts and I have some but one of the weak spots in the guns are the strikers(firing pins) if you forget and drop them on a empty chamber they will most likely break. The have to be fit and it takes a good gunsmith to do it.

I would look for a more durable gun for a young shooter. BT99,1100,870 etc.

Ajax

6. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Hi Mike, I hope you're doing well.

BTW I did smile a little after the Washington State Doubles :)

Ajax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
iab italy shotgun
iab marchano of italy

iab marcheno

iab marcheno manufacturing
iab marcheno shotgun
iab shotgun value
made in italy marcheno
marchenoshotgunmadeinitaly