1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

VALUE OF FOX STERLINGWORTH 12 GAUGE

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shtrev40, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shtrev40

shtrev40 TS Member

I have a Fox Sterlingworth 12 gauge double barrel shotgun along with some vintage ammo boxes (some original ammo in each box), also have canvas take down case for the gun. I would like to get an idea of the value. Please click on the link provided for detailed pictures of same.

Jerry Greg

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Jerry, How long are barrels? I am interested in case and one box of shells. PM sent. Bill

3. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

From the pictures and assuming it is mechanically sound and the barrels have no dents and the ribs ring true and it is NOT a 32" barrel gun, In the NE it is a $450.00 to $475.00 gun if you can find the end buyer. A dealer at a gun show will offer you about half that.
    Some dealers will have these in this condition at shows for $800.00 and you will see the same dealers with the same gun for many years.

Kudos for the Nice pictures!!!

4. shtrev40

shtrev40 TS Member

Bill Grill, The Barrels are 28". Want to sell as a total package.

5. vaturkey

vaturkey TS Member

Looks like a good solid gun. However it has just about zero case color and its has a chip of wood missing behind the top tang. Accordingly, it falls into the shooter grade. I'd say about 500 to 600 bucks would be the norm. Those type cases I see from time to time and they seem to bring about $35-50. I have no idea on the shells, but some of those hard to find full boxes of shells can bring crazy money. PS. If you don't know the chokes, the old rule for a 12 gauge is if a dime won't fit into the ends of the barrels they are normally full choke.

6. johnboy

johnboy Member

Looks like the I was left out sterlingworth when the barrel was stamped,odd.

7. shtrev40

shtrev40 TS Member

Does the missing "I" change the value of the shotgun?

8. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Now, if it was a 16 gauge...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fox sterlingworth value