1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of Browning Stock?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Porcupine, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

A fellow ts.com-er has a Browning stock for a ST-100 that looks like can be fitted to a Browning Broadway (Superposed). He has supplied me with measurements which lead me to believe this is so. We are uncertain of a current value for the stock, so here's a photo. Any help appreciated.

LA in MA

2. rad 53

rad 53 Member

0   0   0

Hi LA, this does not appear to be an ST-100 stock as it is inletted for a short tang trigger gaurd and the comb height appears to be too low. The ST-100 was a high rib gun with a correspondingly high comb. While an ST-100 stock will fit a 'Broadway' of the right tang configurations,it would be approximately 1/2" higher in the comb dimensions if fitted to a regular 'Broadway' trap model. This could possibly suit some people, who knows? This unfinished blank looks like a regular short tang trap stock to me, in which case it may be OK for you if there is such a thing as a short tang 'Broadway'. I may stand to be corrected, but I think the 'Broadway' dissappeared before 'Short' tangs came in.Be sure about tang variations and what can be modified to suit your gun. JMHO, regards, Donald.

3. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

There are "short tang" Broadways. I have one made in 1971 and my son has another made in 1967 I believe.

4. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

For the record, my 1960 Browning Broadway has a 'Y' upper tang and a 'long' lower tang. Modifying a stock from short lower tang to long lower tang is just a matter of routing out a longer channel, right? I would also have to modify the upper 'U' channel to a 'Y'.

Anyway I'd still like to get some opinions as to the value of this stock. What is it worth? Many thanks.

LA in MA

5. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

0   0   0

What? No opinions at all on trapshooters.com? Is this a first?

I want to make an offer for the stock. What's a fair price for both parties?

Many thanks.

LA in MA

6. romie

romie Active Member

0   0   0

I have a short tang broadway and have found some for $650 I would give 200if it worked and antisipate spending 300 pluss to fit and checker but this is a wild guess on the extra labor.My comb is way too low for me.Monty

7. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'd call Wenig to see how much they want for what you're looking for and go from there. The piece that you have pictured doesn't look that great. I just bought one, for a beretta, thet looks a lot nicer than yours, for 85.oo.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.