1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of Browning Belgium 20ga O/U

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CLP101, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

I ran accross a Belgium made 20 ga in really nice shape. Only problem is the stock had a 2" plastic spacer where it had been cut down for a kid. He wanted $1600 which sounds a little high to me for a gun that is not original. Whats it really worth?

2. Erik W

Erik W Member

Earlier, unaltered guns are worth most. Cut stock may not be a deal breaker, but Art will want $7-1000 to repro original replacement stock; plus long wait. Salt era guns are another problem (big deduct) .... 1966 - 1972. Then, as with all, issues of condition. Trading in Supers has become almost as sophisticated as old Colt's.

3. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

The dealer said it was a 1963 gun. Looked really nice to be that old.95% gun all the way around except for the ugly black plastic spacer. It may not be a deal breaker bit I don't want to overpay just because its a belgian Browning. There are lots of great O/U's for that much. Besides I would just pull the spacers for my kid. But I would be more inclined to pay $1000.

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Value depends a lot on barrel length. Long bbls. fetch a premium.

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Heck, just buy the thing. You can't hardly buy a used Jap Citori for that much!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.