1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of a Recurve Bow?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by biff, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

I saw a Ben Pearson recurve bow today. It was in good shape and was a Colt model and had 70/70 below the model#. There was a bag with it which some extra things like what keeps the arm from getting nicked, a couple arrows w/quiver and a glove.....some other things in a bag that I didn't tear open. They were asking $69 for it and I have no idea what it's worth. Anyone know? Biff

2. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

not a bad price if your into that type of bow, I shot one for alot of years.

Rick

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Sounds reasonable to me, but I honestly don't know beans about the worth of recurves...... even though I've got a Fred Bear recurve that hasn't even been strung in about 15 years or longer.

Easystreet

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

You can't get one any cheaper...but if 70/70 means it's 70 inches / 70 pounds - you ain't going to enjoy it much, no matter how cheap you can steal it.

My guess is, that's why it's for sale so "reasonable." This is the type of bow people buy for $70, shoot 5 arrows with it...then sell it for $50.

You'd have more fun falling down a cave.

5. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

0   0   0

I've got a 50#-48".....OUCH....I don't shoot it either.

6. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

0   0   0

Sounds like way to much poundage to enjoy.

Used archery equiptment doesn't usually hold value unless it is something special.

A Ben Pearson bow is a mass produced bow and wouldn'd have much calue.

Unless you just want to hang it on a wall I would pass on it.

ed.

7. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

0   0   0

Try this guy.

8. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Thanks everyone and 221 I went to the website you listed and decided to leave the Ben Pearson Recurve alone at this time. It was an OK price but I don't need that strong a pull, not that I couldn't have done it hundreds of times and shot apples off people's heads.....but I have to remember I'm a professional trapshooter and a poor one at that! Biff

9. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

>>>"it's 70 inch axle to axle"<<<

That's strange. My recurve doesn't have any axles on it.

Easystreet

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Easy, I think he meant string length between the ends where the string loops over the notches on a long bow. Hap

11. MR.ohiogal

MR.ohiogal TS Member

0   0   0

Check the limbs for any cracks or seperation of the laminates, a 70 lb recurve is alot of bow. No let off on traditional stuff. The riser section should be examined and pay attention to the shelf. I have some Ben Pearson bows and they shoot very well. They are very well made and will last a lifetime. Also in some older bows the limbs may be warped and may not be apparent until strung. A good rule of thumb on traditional equipment,, if you can't string it comfortably, you probably cannot shoot it comfortably. It is easy to overbow yourself if one is not used to this type of bows,, but they sure are fun.

Jeff

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I think you should buy it and donate it to Recurvyarcher.

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

0   0   0

Barry, if your going to do that then I better put her on the construction crew work force. I hope you don't regret the suggestion when I tell her.LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ben pearson 7070
ben pearson colt 7070
ben pearson colt 7070 recurve bow reviews
ben pearson colt recurve

ben pearson recurve bow value

ben pearson recurve value
colt recurve bow information
colt recurve bow price