1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of a recoil reducer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by SuperTrap, Aug 3, 2013.

1. SuperTrap

SuperTrap Member

Hi everyone. I have a beretta 682 gold x-trap that I am thinking about listing and I have an idea of what to charge if it didn't have the recoil reducer. Could you please give me some insight on how much a recoil reducer adds to the value of this gun. Thank you.
    Alex

2. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

To some folks the added recoil reducer takes away from the value. For others it will save them the gunsmithing fee to add it. Personally, if I want a shotgun, I prefer an unmodified stock that I don't have to go back and correct someone else's 'improvements' to.

Just my opinion.

Don T. Littleton CO

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Very little to zero added value, and possibly diminished value. Depends on what buyer you can find.

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Some are of added value and some are not. It would be nice to tell us what kind you have?

Ajax

5. SuperTrap

SuperTrap Member

Thank you for the input. I don't know who the maker is because we bought it already installed. Thanks again Alex

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

".... I don't know who the maker is because we bought it already installed."

That's where posting a picture of it will really help. There are some very knowledgable folks on here who can likely ID the device from a pic. There are some recoil devices that are sought after and could add some value. If its just a Gracoil or RAD, I'd not even try to get extra for it. My 2 cents

7. SuperTrap

SuperTrap Member

Here is what it looks like.

8. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

To me the recoil device would detract from the value only if the stock would be long enough to fit me after it is removed. If it would be too short after removal I would pass on the gun. Recoil device = diminished value.

9. mich746

mich746 Member

Is that a Soft Touch?

They are only about $800.
    If you can get the correct LOP by changing the pad then it defiantly would add value.

10. SuperTrap

SuperTrap Member

Mich746,

I don't know if it is a soft touch or not. I do know you can change the pad and that recoil is very minimal.

11. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Yes, that is a Soft Touch. It has a spring in back of a hydraulic cylinder to dampen the recoil. I feel it's one of the best on the market.

If a person likes a recoil devise, they may pay more but many do not like a devise.

Ajax

12. 682Eclaybuster

682Eclaybuster Member

i have shot the a400 with kick off, and various over unders that have some kind of reducer.

didnt really like any of them; in some i could even hear the movement.

i think you can get a mercury vile that goes in the stock, thats probably least invasive; although i have no experience with them.

my personal is a 682e it has the wood butt pad that matches the stock and i use a padded vest with the beretta shoulder pad.

13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Ok it's a soft touch It might add $400 if you find the right shooter other wise nothing to the value. If you cant find a buyer for the whole gun sell the stock for $ 500 and buy a replacement butstock for around 300.

Joe I have a 682 sporting set For $350
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. SuperTrap

SuperTrap Member

Thanks for the response but I'm not looking to buy another stock.

Alex

15. e4wd4312

e4wd4312 TS Member

DIY RECOIL REDUCER FOR O/U ON EXISTING STOCK.

2 COIL SPRINGS (HOME DEPOT)
    8 OZ MELTED LEAD FISHING WEIGHTS IN COPPER PIPE

GREAT HELP SPECIALY WHEN MAKING THE 2ND SHOT.

Attached Files:

16. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ditto, he's right O. Bulge.