1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of a non fired Y Model-12

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acorange, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Since used ones go from $700 to $900 I would think that one like you describe would be worth $1200.00
    At least that is what they seem to be worth on the "net".

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

it is worth what you can get for it. If it is as you say I will give you $1000.00 but then again it is not for sale. Does this make you feel good. Trevor Dawe.

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

And to think real model 12 guys in the early 90's would not even look at one.

4. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Well, it's worth what someone is willing to pay. But this question intrigued me so I went digging into my books. From what I can tell 900 to 1200 seems about right. Since it is unfired you are likely on that higher end. I for one have no such firearms in my collection (unfired) I like to shoot them far too much.

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I would agree with Pat 12-1500 for a nice one.

Regards....Gerald

6. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a passion for Model 12's, I even had a Y Model, Model 12 one time, sold it but kept the pre 64's ... If its not for sale whats the difference what its worth ..? If it is for sale its worth as much as anyone would really pay for it ... If you are serious and want to find out what its worth get it appraised, then insure it for that amount and you can eliminate the guess work with no pictures I might add ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. tbuster

tbuster Member

We sold a new in the box DU model 12 Y at a recent banquet and it brought $2000 in the live auction.

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

A group of well oiled bidders at a DU outing is liken to putting something on EBay, it will often sell for a price not line with reality. Jake

10. tbuster

tbuster Member

It wasn't a DU banquet but a local gun club event. Not a lot of alcohol flowing so don't know why the bidders were so crazy to invest in a model 12 like this one. Some people will pay up to ten grand for a shotgun that does not have the proven durability record of a model 12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.