1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Value of a model 12 - 3 inch

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BigDave1200, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

0   0   0

What would be a reasonable price for a model 12-3 inch that has been refinished with a parkerized finish? It has a standard field stock. Someone at my local club is selling one so I want to know what it's value is. All opinions accepted.

Thanks Dave

2. claybuster38

claybuster38 Member

0   0   0

$3oo. To $500. Depending on how bad you want it. They were not made to shoot steel! Marv

3. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

0   0   0

Thanks Marv for your input. I agreed to buy it for a price less than you gave thinking that I couldn't go wrong for a working model 12. I'll turn it into a project gun. I haven't seen the gun in person, only a picture and the guy selling it is selling off guns he inherited from an estate of a good friend of his.He doesn't know much about long guns but knows hand guns quite well. I found that through some internet research that the value of these goes up considerably if it has a 32 inch barrel and solid rib. I couldn't tell from the picture if it has either of the above but I figured for the price I cant go wrong. The parkerized finish really detracts the value.

Dave

4. SX12

SX12 Member

0   0   0

It is misinformation that these guns are not made for steel. Lots of rounds through mine and it is just fine.
    SX12

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I feel that SX12 is correct. The muzzle area of a 3" Model 12 is very thick and should protect the choke area from bulging.

6. fullsquad

fullsquad TS Member

0   0   0

Guys,
    Just wanted to jump in on this. I Have an early 50's Mod 12 - 3" all origional. No rust/pits/orig pad/ wood in very good condition. What do you think would be a fair asking price?

7. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

0   0   0

Guy's, I bought this gun sight unseen because the price was good. When I got it home, I found out it was a 32" barrel. It was reblued with a parkerized finish because you can see that it had some pitted rust. The new blueing job looks good. I put a trap stock on it and going to shoot it sunday for a round to see how I do. It was manufactured in 1947.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.