1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

value of a Micro Bt-99

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by RMR, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RMR

RMR Member

0   0   0

Im trying to clean out our gunsafe of firearms we seldom shoot and are just collecting dust. Trying to determine possible value if we decide to sell the gun since its not being shot by my daughter who has moved up to a Ceasar Guerini O/U

I have a 2009 browning 12g micro bt-99. The stock was fitted with a Ken Rucker bump buster recoil system for my then 11 year old daughter who shot the gun. It has about 3500 shells put through it- the best I can estimate. The Stock and bluing are in excellent condition. We also have a standard BT-99 stock that was fitted to the micro reciever/barrel that she used when she got taller and needed a longer LOP. The "adult" stock was fitted with an adjustable recoil pad and adjustable comb by southern gentleman gunfitters.

I would preferr to sell the original gun/stock fitted with the bump buster and the adult stock( with adjustable recoil pad and comb) as one unit.

Any insight of the gun and stock combination value would be appreciated
    Thanks

RMR

2. chrismhsc

chrismhsc Member

0   0   0

Without pictures I would think in the 100.00 range

3. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

You have a PM

4. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

0   0   0

Of course i just bought one for my grandson-but if the price is right-maybe??

5. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I am interested in one for my son. Figure out where you need to be and PM me.

6. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

0   0   0

he put out out a teaser-then nothing???

7. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Teasing is right I am thinking. I have started looking for something to get my granddaughters. It will be a few years before they are old enough and big enough, but I am planning on taking them shooting with me. I have been telling both my wife and daughter that one of them is going to be grampa's side kick at the shoots. We need to get more youth involved and I am going to do my part. I have already been takeing both of my granddaughters to the gun clubs. They like to see the targets break just like grampa does. I was at the sportsmans show yesterday and bought raffle tickets for a Beretta 390. Told the man who sold me thte ticket to be sure and pull it for me as it was going to be for one of my Grandaughters. Anyway I am starting to look for something to get them and a micr does interest me, but NO PICTURES

Jim B.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

How do you get dust in your gun safe? I have never had to wipe dust off my guns that are kept in my safe. Just curious?

9. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

0   0   0

grntitan , He doesn't mean that literally

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Oh, I see.

11. RMR

RMR Member

0   0   0

Sorry I havnt had time in the last day to look at the forum- to busy at work.

Im currently negotiating with my youngest daughter( now 11) to see if she wants me to keep her older sisters gun for her to start shooting trap ( which she has shown no interest in so far) or just sell it if I can get a reasonable offer. My original post was just trying to see what I can expect to get for the gun if we decide to sell it. If we do decide to go that route I will post pictures all the specs I can....

And yes using the phrase "collecting dust in the gun safe" was ment to be taken litterally

RMR

12. BD457

BD457 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

And yes using the phrase "collecting dust in the gun safe" was ment to be taken litterally

Phew....... I thought I was the only one that accumulated dust in their gun safe.

Mike

13. mission6222

mission6222 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

So rmr what you are saying is, YOU guys go to the time and trouble to fight over what you will pay for gun. Then I will decide if you want to sell it. Should have a lot of fun with this. Me, I do not want your gun. Thanks loyd

14. RMR

RMR Member

0   0   0

Mission6222

Sorry if you interpret my initial post that way. I know what I have put $$ into the gun with all the added stuff. I realize like anything used, you cannot expect returning 100% of your initial investment on anything. I really dont have a very good feel for what used guns are worth as I have always bought guns and kept them. If the value that this gun will bring is so far from what I have invested in it- it may be a consideration on my part to just keep it and hopefully pass it on to my childrens kids if and when that time comes. There is a point where the loss in value isnt worth selling. Part of this equation also will be determined what the youngest child decides she wants or doesnt want to do.

If im not mistaken in the original post I never said we were selling the gun and I actually said "if we decided to sell it". At this point Im trying to figure out what we are going to do, and part of that was to find out what its worth on the marketplace would be. Im not trying to create a competition situation to escallate the selling point of the gun- I truelly didnt know if it would be fair to sell it for X or Y.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.